Talk

Advanced search

FET BMI

(8 Posts)
WineWinner Tue 08-Jan-19 22:06:56

Hi,

We're people weighed again before moving to FET? Early miscarriage after first cycle and my BMI has crept up to 31 with my follow up appointment in 2 weeks. Don't know whether to delay as I know I'll lose it before hopefully cycling again end of February. Any experience appreciated!

Zigzag99 Wed 09-Jan-19 07:00:48

Sorry for your loss. No I wasn't but they did ask me what my weight was and just wrote it in my notes. I was a private patient though so not sure if that makes a difference.
Good luck for your next cycle.

StillLikeAirIRise Wed 09-Jan-19 07:53:51

I'm an NHS patient and have had x2 FETs following a failed fresh and haven't been weighed since the fresh cycle.
I would go for the apt anyway personally as even if they do weigh you and the BMI is over, you will then be delayed to lose weight as you would be if you delayed yourself? Go to that apt and discuss it if they bring it up at the very least - you don't know when another Drs apt would come through for!

WineWinner Wed 09-Jan-19 11:39:28

Thanks ladies! I think I'll stick with it and hope for the best!

AniSL Wed 09-Jan-19 15:10:59

My BMI and wr have FET next week, my clinic are not delaying it. I was told that the weight issue is centred around the stimulation and retrieval stage as it can seriously affect ovulation and retrieval success rates. I am trying to bring it down as I know it can impact my health and any potential ones thay successfully implant

WineWinner Wed 09-Jan-19 20:04:48

Thanks AniSL, I thought it was more about the stim meds etc too! X

AniSL Wed 09-Jan-19 20:25:45

I read a study by a bunch of university medical researchers who looked at whether BMI affected live birth rate of FET, they concluded that there was no significant difference between the different BMI groups.
That being said, always better to reduce as much as you can

WineWinner Wed 09-Jan-19 21:30:10

Yeh I'm already back on Cambridge and lost 11lbs this week so I shouldn't be over by much. Was just worried with it being NHS they would withdraw funding and put me to the back of the waiting list or something confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »