Talk

Advanced search

About to start my first cycle of IVF but have a High FSH of 12 and High AMH of 39.

(4 Posts)
mimi27 Sun 06-Jan-19 11:43:03

So I am 28 years old and about to start my first round of IVF in two weeks and I got my blood test results back with my ultrasound.

My FSH is 12.5
AMH is 39

Now it’s my understanding that if you have a high FSH, you’re going through early menopause or ovarian failure.

I’m retaking my blood work because my doctor is confused with the results because my ultrasound showed images of my growing many follicles in my ovaries and I was close to ovulation.

Has anyone had experience of results similar to mine and manages to have children?

DontCareBear Sat 12-Jan-19 00:13:51

Hi @mimi27 - I can't advise sorry as I dont have high FSH (mine was 4.6) but I do have high AMH (67.3) and am polycystic. I didnt want to note post, as I saw nobody had responded yet (likely they dont have the same issue either). I hope IVF goes well for you and the doctors say you have plenty of time left re. menopause. Sorry i cant be of more help sad

mimi27 Thu 17-Jan-19 22:47:13

@DontCareBear thank you! I appreciate the response. My fsh is 4.6 actually and AMH is 30 which is all normal. 😊

DontCareBear Thu 17-Jan-19 23:47:35

smile no problem!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »