Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy fear after first cycle miscarriage

(2 Posts)
Runner31 Tue 18-Dec-18 06:05:24

Hi,
I had a missed miscarriage which showed up on my 7 week scan and I had surgical management at 10 weeks. I thought I was coming with the loss quite well until I had my follow up consultation at the clinic and we arranged to start a 2nd cycle. I really want a second cycle of ivf but I can't stop thinking about falling pregnant again as terrifying. The fear cripples me and regularly causes me to break down in tears. I so desperately want to be pregnant and have a family but I can't help but feel like a miscarriage is inevitable. I know the stats, and I know it's a good sign that we got pregnant and if I think about it logically i can make sense of it all but emotionally it's like I'm stuck in fear. Had anyone else felt like this?

physicskate Tue 18-Dec-18 09:19:33

Take some time. And use the counselling services of your clinic. I honestly think you need time to process what you've been through and to grieve.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »