Talk

Advanced search

Delayed period after freeze-all IVF cycle

(6 Posts)
Mochatogo Mon 17-Dec-18 22:08:39

I did a freeze-all cycle with egg collection in November, and planned to let my body rest for a cycle then do a FET in my next cycle (which should start on 22 Dec).

However it's now day 23 of my cycle and I haven't ovulated yet (I am tracking my temps). Normally I ovulate on day 16 or 17 and am pretty regular.

I don't know if this is because the IVF has messed up my hormones and I'm not going to ovulate this month at all, or whether it can delay ovulation? Anyone experienced this and/or know what the reason is?

Thanks smile

AniSL Tue 18-Dec-18 07:07:46

IVF completely destroys your natural hormone cycle, your body tries to get it back in sync. My first cycle I had to wait just over 8 weeks for AF, I have just done a freeze all in October and had to wait just over 8 weeks again. We are waiting for second natural before commencing.

Mochatogo Wed 02-Jan-19 11:47:10

Thanks AniSL.

Was it just the cycle after the ivf that was long/messed up?

I got my period yesterday (38 days after ivf cycle finished) but am hoping this one is going to be normal, as I’m hoping to have a natural FET this month...

AniSL Wed 02-Jan-19 12:26:23

Hi so after the failed IVF (we didnt do embryo transfer as no blasts made it), AF came within 7 days. The first natural one was delayed by almost 4 weeks, the next one waa back to my normal 32 days. I have just started my second natural AF so will be going for FET in the next 2 weeks. Good luck

Mochatogo Wed 02-Jan-19 12:46:01

Ah thanks. That’s really helpful. I’m really hoping that happens for me too. If so, it looks like we will have ET around the same time... good luck to you too!

AniSL Wed 02-Jan-19 13:05:35

I hope it works out for you too. Thankfully they have put me on natural FET so only on Progynova at the moment, getting away with no side effects.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »