Talk

Advanced search

Dec 18 Jan 19 mild ivf -create fertility

(29 Posts)
Kw1311 Wed 12-Dec-18 19:41:02

Hello. New to all of this and very nervous. Needed a safe space to “talk”. I’m 32 hubby is 41 we been ttc for over 2 years unable to have nhs treatment as he has 2 children from previous relationship. We have issues with male infertility mobility and ideal forms. We had first appointment yesterday with recommendation of one round of mild ivf with icsi. Next appointment is next Thursday for treatment plan it’s allvery confusing and everything is explained so quickly my inner control freak is struggling,I’m not sure on all the jargon and hoping for any help and support xx tia

Kw1311 Fri 28-Dec-18 20:26:43

First day of cycle today so beginning injections tomorrow 7pm nervous excitement fingers are all crossed x

Kw1311 Mon 31-Dec-18 14:08:32

So good news at the scan day 4 today 2 days of injections.. I have 14 follicles on 1 side and 9 on the other.. they range from 5mm to 9mm they need to get to 16-18mm they are hoping 8-10 will get that big..to try and collect eggs from. My womb lining is 1 thick and needs to get to 3 I think she said. So all good in the hood at the minute next scan and bloods Wednesday.

Rw2019 Tue 01-Jan-19 20:40:38

Hi, I’m currently on my 4th day of gonal F injections after a gruelling 3 weeks on Norestorine. Sounds like we are at a similar stage! 😌

Kw1311 Tue 01-Jan-19 20:57:04

Hi yes it sounds like it. How are you feeling? I feel a little bloated.. another scan and bloods In the morning to check progress. Fingers crossed 🤞

Rw2019 Tue 01-Jan-19 21:35:03

I’m bloated too but I’m not sure if it’s the Christmas bloat! Good luck with your scan tomorrow 🤞🏻 I have an appointment on Friday, then Monday then Wednesday and hopefully egg collection on Friday next week. So nervous for that. When is you egg collection booked?

Kw1311 Wed 02-Jan-19 13:27:46

That’s the problem not knowing if it’s christmas bloat lol. Scan went ok I think, I have 5 follicles over 9 the biggest being 14. 2 that are flagging a little behind. I may start my second injection this evening or in the morning, got to wait for a call this evening to advise, I have another scan and bloods booked for Friday. Possible egg collection Monday-Wednesday!! How are you feeling?

bunnieboo91 Thu 03-Jan-19 20:47:16

Hello everyone!

I'm about to start my injections and have never done IVF before so in the same boat really! I sadly had a stillborn at 26 weeks and had Sepsis so had abdominal surgery so only one working side. How is the medication treating everyone? I'm wishing all of us the best of luck and crossing every part of me for good news!

Kw1311 Thu 03-Jan-19 21:25:59

Hi bunnieboo..
oh gosh you have had a terrible time.. 😞 the medication was all good for the first few days I’ve been very emotional today though started my cetrotide at lunch time and it’s a tougher injection I think.. when do you start meds?

Rw2019 Thu 03-Jan-19 22:10:58

Sounds like you’ve had an awful time Bunnieboo, hopefully you will have some good news soon.

I had 3 weeks of norestorine, been on gonal f for 5 days and now introduced cetrotide today like Kw1311. As she mentioned, it’s a much tougher med and I’ve struggled with it.

Don’t panic about the injections themselves though. I really surprised myself at how easy it was and actually none of them have hurt. I only found that I had a reaction to the cetrotide today which apparently is quite common.

bunnieboo91 Thu 03-Jan-19 22:57:45

Been trying for nearly two years after recovering so really hoping IVF works for me. How many rounds have you been on before or is this your first time? Oh glad the injections for the first part isn't too bad! I start mine on Wednesday smile x

Rw2019 Thu 03-Jan-19 23:25:09

This is my first round, as we have unexplained infertility I’m hoping this will be the only round I have! Although I would like to eventually have 4 children... better not get ahead of myself though seeing as I’m struggling with the first! Been trying for over 4 years now. I find that everyone’s IVF journey is so so different and everyone’s meds are totally different too.

Do either of you know about egg collection, I’ve been told two different things. As I’ve had issues with anaesthetic I’m having to go to my clinics main hospital. But I was told I would be going under general anaesthetic to avoid me having any issues. Then the last appointment I was told I would get diazepam and that’s it?!? What have you guys been told?

Kw1311 Fri 04-Jan-19 07:35:46

This is my first round also. I just have fingers crossed for one at the minute it’s so hard to stay positive about he experience.

I’ve been told egg collection is with a sedative not general anaesthetic I’m unsure how what type she said but it’s a common one I believe. They said there isn’t a need for a deep “sleep” and should take about 30-40 minutes dependency on number of eggs.

I have another scan this morning to see how we are moving on hope all is well.

I’m keeping everything crossed for us all x

bunnieboo91 Fri 04-Jan-19 15:03:14

Oh so we're all in the same boat!

Yeah I was told I would be sedated and would take around 20 minutes. They said it's like having five large glasses of wine and you wouldn't feel anything.

Rw2019 Fri 04-Jan-19 17:45:41

5 large glasses of wine?!? I’ll be dead 😂

Just had first scan, I have 25+ follicles in my right and 15 in my left ovary. I think they’re worried I might overstimulate which they said might happen before this started. They took bloods but have told me to remain on the dosage I’m taking 🤷🏼‍♀️

bunnieboo91 Fri 04-Jan-19 18:25:48

Wow that is a lot! Would they stop the collection if you were overstimulated?

Rw2019 Fri 04-Jan-19 18:46:00

No they said they would collect early and then transfer once my body has settled down which would mean a frozen cycle 👎🏻

Kw1311 Sun 06-Jan-19 13:26:56

Hello sorry I’ve veen quite feeling very bloated now I’m close to collection. Wow RW that’s aloymof follicles. I think I have 8 suitable to collect from as of Fridays scan another one tomorrow should tell us when collection is thinking Wednesday/Friday at the moment.

Rw2019 Sun 06-Jan-19 13:56:59

Yeah I know, but apparently my hormones are doing fine so I’m ok about it and no signs of OSHH, I’m not even that bloated. I am struggling to bend over and I have to sit down really gently too, is that the same for you??
I also have another scan tomorrow. My egg collection is meant to be Friday but I don’t think I’ll get to that stage.
8 follicles is good. Let me know how you get on! 😌

Kw1311 Wed 09-Jan-19 12:05:39

Hello what a crazy few days. At scan on Monday I had a scare of OHSS I had 23 follicles all over 13 and free Fluid they said I may have to have shit the cycle down and collect and freeze, wait a few
Months then have a frozen transfer all very upsetting and scary. However Monday night my bloods came back and I was told we could go ahead with trigger ovutrelle and I’ve had egg collection this morning. We have 16 eggs at this point. Everything is crossed.how is everyone else update me x

Rw2019 Wed 09-Jan-19 13:09:38

Oh goodness I had a similar situation but they were quite reassuring so I didn’t get too panicked. Great news on your egg collection. How did you find it? I’m now on the way home from mine and they got 23. However I felt a lot of it and it wa quite painful. We are literally at the same point as each other! Which clinic have you been going to?

Kw1311 Wed 09-Jan-19 13:55:49

Egg collection was fine how strange I didn’t feel anything I was out for the count to be honest.. my worst part was the panic and worry all Monday. How funnt we are literally same scenario! Wow 23 is fab great news. Are they leaving your transfer to day 5 so Monday? I’m going to one in Birmingham.

Rw2019 Wed 09-Jan-19 14:59:05

So glad it went well for you! That would have been odd if you said Cambridge as we would have been In at the same time. So like you they’re still checking on OHSS for me they seem to think they’re doing a fresh cycle at this stage but they will get me in on Monday scan me and see if I’m ready for transfer. Probably similar to you? Did you have a local anaesthetic down there? as they were talking about me just having the sedation but normally they give sedation and local anaesthetic. I’ve had issues with anaesthetics in the past, Which is probably why I had some pain. Make sure you drink lucozade sport and protein shakes. Chicken, cod and broccoli are good sources of natural protein and hopefully you will avoid OHSS too! Fingers crossed for both of us. Get yourself some rest, we both deserve it 😌

Kw1311 Thu 10-Jan-19 17:27:24

Phone call this morning, 4 fertilised normally 3 unsure at the minute next update will be Saturday. How did you get on Rw? How are you feeling, I’m tender today not enjoying oily pessarys ugh 😑

Rw2019 Thu 10-Jan-19 17:43:16

4 is great! Fingers crossed for the next few days. We had 17 fertilise but I was told today that I would need to have these frozen as they’re concerned about overstimulation. So I’m a bit disappointed but at least I can just fully recover first. I feel absolutely awful today!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: