Talk

Advanced search

Christmas shopping. Babies everywhere.

(5 Posts)
AliceScarlett Sat 08-Dec-18 12:00:40

My 40th period after starting TTC is due tomorrow. Trying to shop in t Surrey heartlands was a bad idea. Everywhere I look I can see a baby. It is literally impossible to spend more than 2 seconds without being confronted with what I cannot have. I feel like Homer seeing hotdogs everywhere when he is hungry.
Feels never ending.

Buenavista Sat 08-Dec-18 12:23:57

I remember that feeling so well, it’s just awful. It was 84 months for us. Order everything online, do a test and if negative drink cocktails and mulled wine and sleep in late till Xmas is over and fingers crossed it will be the last one you can for many years to come.

DawnK77 Sat 08-Dec-18 12:43:53

@AliceScarlett same here, I haven't done any as no heart in it, and I am still in bed with a cold feeling sorry for myself. I really should get up and snap out of it!!

DawnK77 Sat 08-Dec-18 12:44:57

@Buenavista good advice, might make some cocktails tonight! Xx

Bump2be Sat 08-Dec-18 23:56:05

You really aren't alone here, I totally empathise. Before we started trying, I had that feeling of disliking Christmas because we didn't have children. Then when we were trying and it wasn't working, it seemed like there were babies everywhere. This Christmas, we've just started trying again after a few months' break, and I'm actually looking forward to it for once! Pretty sure my two week wait is over by the feeling in my tummy, so I'll be on the wine tomorrow again! I hope this is our last Christmas without our own family. I hope so for you too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »