Talk

Advanced search

When to stop taking supplements after bfp?

(4 Posts)
mowglik Fri 30-Nov-18 10:10:56

Just got a bfp a couple of months after taking the following supplements
L-arginine
DHEA 75mg
vitamin E 1000iu
Ubiquinol 300mg
Vitamin C 1000mg
Omega 3 1000

This is my first natural bfp in 6 years after a miscarriage 2 months ago so bit worried about stopping the supplements when they may still be necessary.

I’ll continue taking the C and omega 3 but was wondering has anyone any idea on when it’s safe to stop taking the others?

AniSL Fri 30-Nov-18 16:33:04

Mowglik I think all are safe apart from DHEA, guidance is not to be taken after you get a positive test result

Persipan Fri 30-Nov-18 18:29:28

I would frankly be worried about continuing to take any of the others. I mean, speak to a medical professional to be sure, but generally nobody studies the effects of supplements during pregnancy because they don't want to risk it - so it's unlikely anyone can offer you any assurances about their safety. Not wanting to be alarmist, but there is some possible evidence linking high-dose vitamin E with congenital heart defects.

mowglik Fri 30-Nov-18 20:44:40

Thanks - I was planning to continue taking vit C and omega which are safe during pregnancy, I guess I was concerned about going cold turkey on any of these supplements in early pregnancy in case they were ‘propping up’ the pregnancy somehow. I will discontinue the DHEA and vitamin E and come off the others slowly. Fingers crossed, Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »