When to stop taking supplements after bfp?

(4 Posts)
mowglik Fri 30-Nov-18 10:10:56

Just got a bfp a couple of months after taking the following supplements
L-arginine
DHEA 75mg
vitamin E 1000iu
Ubiquinol 300mg
Vitamin C 1000mg
Omega 3 1000

This is my first natural bfp in 6 years after a miscarriage 2 months ago so bit worried about stopping the supplements when they may still be necessary.

I’ll continue taking the C and omega 3 but was wondering has anyone any idea on when it’s safe to stop taking the others?

OP’s posts: |
AniSL Fri 30-Nov-18 16:33:04

Mowglik I think all are safe apart from DHEA, guidance is not to be taken after you get a positive test result

Persipan Fri 30-Nov-18 18:29:28

I would frankly be worried about continuing to take any of the others. I mean, speak to a medical professional to be sure, but generally nobody studies the effects of supplements during pregnancy because they don't want to risk it - so it's unlikely anyone can offer you any assurances about their safety. Not wanting to be alarmist, but there is some possible evidence linking high-dose vitamin E with congenital heart defects.

mowglik Fri 30-Nov-18 20:44:40

Thanks - I was planning to continue taking vit C and omega which are safe during pregnancy, I guess I was concerned about going cold turkey on any of these supplements in early pregnancy in case they were ‘propping up’ the pregnancy somehow. I will discontinue the DHEA and vitamin E and come off the others slowly. Fingers crossed, Thanks!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in