Talk

Advanced search

Only one embryo...

(8 Posts)
Itwillgeteasieripromise Tue 27-Nov-18 10:12:25

Post egg collection, only one embryo was viable. Feel really disappointed. This is our first cycle, private. God only knows how I'll feel if it doesn't work ....

windy2909 Tue 27-Nov-18 11:15:40

My friend only had one embryo at the end.....that embryo is almost one now. I only got two, nearly 8 weeks pregnant with the first, with the 2nd in the freezer.

It can happen. I wish you the best of luck x

runchunkrun Tue 27-Nov-18 19:36:20

@Itwillgeteasieripromise I had three embryos from ivf in 2015, I had two transferred that didn't take and one popped in the freezer. I'm now 11dpt with my one little ice pop. He has as good a chance as any so I'm holding on to him as tightly as I can.

One is still a chance 🍀

Crazyeyes3 Tue 27-Nov-18 20:59:10

I got 11 embryos but only 1 made it and I’m now 12 weeks. It only takes one.

Itwillgeteasieripromise Tue 27-Nov-18 21:51:16

Thanks all, that's what DH said as I was crying when the clinic told us. It's further than we've been able to get unassisted !

Ilikeviognier Tue 27-Nov-18 22:18:20

I only had One embryo......he’s now almost 4. I didn’t believe for a single second that it was going to work out either. Quality trumps quantity. Good luck.

Schmoozer Tue 27-Nov-18 22:22:11

My only one little embryo is 11 years old, I remember feeling so hopeless with just the one
Best wishes with yours x

Itwillgeteasieripromise Wed 28-Nov-18 08:33:07

Feeling really lifted - thanks to all sharing their positive stories and good luck to those on their journey too !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »