8dp5dt bfn, feeling down(15 Posts)
My otd is in 3 days, but I'd read about so many women getting a positive from 5dp5dt, I caved in and tested, bfn. Having some cramps and a bit of pink cm when I did the progesterone pessary this morning. Just feeling like af is trying to arrive.
Generally feeling down and it's unlikely to get a good result now. It's my second cycle.
On the first cycle I started spotting on 6dp5dt and it went rapidly downhill from there. So at very least made it further this time. Trying to cling onto a bit of hope.
I’m so sorry you’re feeling down.
Is this a fresh or frozen embryo they put back in? Frozen needs bit more time before you take the test.
Good luck to you
It was fresh. Had a tiny bit of dark red bleeding/clots briefly earlier, so I'm pretty resigned to this being a fail now, as that's how my af starts.
Do have 2 frozen (one good, one not so good), so hoping those survive the thaw and can try again.
I have virtually no cervix after a cancer scare, so I have to be sedated and they really have to bash me around to get things lined up and the transfer done (first time without sedation was torture).
Really hoping FET will be easier without swollen ovaries pushing things out of alignment, and that the lack of bashing helps implantation!
And thanks for the kind words, much appreciated!
You’ve been through a lot, but Hopefully you’ll get your bfp. But at least you have back up embryos :D
Took me 3 go’s before I had my baby. So don’t lose hope xx
Thank you. So many people say it was their third go! That does give me hope! xx
I really empathise as I was in the exact same position 2 days ago (same 8dp5dt and spotting, bfn etc). It ruddy sucks. I had a mega cry and felt so low but I do feel a bit better today. Mine was also a fresh transfer, have a few frozen. It's a harsh process but I think so much is down to luck and stuff we can't control. 2 more embryos to use is really positive. Be kind to yourself. Big hug, you aren't alone x
Booksandbaths1, it really sucks eh. Sorry to hear you've been through the same. It's a lottery that not many people get to win. But we have to keep trying.
9dp5dt and also bfn. Feel bit calmer today that this one is over. That just wasn't my baby.
Next battle is my nhs FET funding to use the last 2 embryos. Treated outside of my ccg area and the funding letter from that hosp explaining my ccg funding, is actually less than my ccg funding criteria. Just hoping it's an admin error, but will fight for the full funding.
I'm sorry to hear that. My period is in full flow. Hilariously my clinic still need me to do a test on otd (Sunday) and call with the results despite the fact my period will be half finished by then. Seems ridiculous but there you go.
Do you know when you might go ahead with a FET? I think I want (need) to wait a few months to get myself together physically and mentally. I dread the prospect of the 2ww again.
I guess they just have to be formal but it does seem really unnecessary. Last time I got my period on 6dp and they took my word there and then. Mines getting worse today.
I'm hoping to do the fet in January. My friend did her fresh last Nov, with fet Jan and March. Third one worked , early delivery happening in a week! I like a positive story!
Im excessively proactive, my brain runs 10 steps ahead at all times, so I want to get going again as soon as I'm allowed. But I'm a weirdo like that! It has to be at a personal pace.
Ah that's lovely news about your friend. I like a positive story too. Does she think there was anything that helped this one stick?
I wonder if it would be insane to try transferring 2... not sure my clinic would even do it tbh.
Do you think the fact that the progesterone didn't hold off AF means a higher dose might be worth trying? It's something I plan to ask.
Nothing specific I'm afraid, just persistence. Fresh one was ectopic and she lost the tube, so there's no knowing how it will go.
I'm 40 so they want to use two but they can't. my non existent cervix means I've had a trans abdominal cerclage put in (now that was horrific) , so twins are a huge risk. Best case scenario would be 6 months best rest.
There seems to be conflicting research. Some say it ups the odds, some say a much lower quality second embryo lowers the odds. Its a minefield. Worth discussing though.
I've been having the same thoughts about the progesterone. I have that fear that my normally short luteal phase (9-10 days) ruins things. Are you on pessaries or injections?
I was on 1 x 8% Crinone gel per day. I too tend to have a short luteal phase. We've got our follow up meeting with the Dr next week so I'll be asking then. Sorry that your cervix is an extra worry. It's never simple is it. They discovered a hydrosalpinx (fluid in fallopian tube) during my egg retreival. So I think that'll need resolving before any FET as it reduces ivf success rates. May need it take out. Fun fun.
Hope things went OK and you got the info you needed from the Dr. I've managed to get an appointment before Christmas, which for the nhs is a win!
Hello Michelle404 and Booksandbaths, I’ve been working with a clinic in Cyprus and was put on 2 x Chinone gel daily. Just thought it was worth mentioning.
Join the discussion
Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Get started »
Please login first.