Talk

Advanced search

Fragmin / lubion bruising

(7 Posts)
Wouldyoubelieeeeeeveit Wed 21-Nov-18 21:02:11

Hi, I've been on the above injections for a few weeks now. I've been icing etc but still have some pretty horrid looking bruising. Has this happened to anyone else? If so how long did it take to go?

physicskate Wed 21-Nov-18 21:32:45

Yup. All the bruising had gone by two weeks after o stopped taking the injections at 12 weeks.

Wouldyoubelieeeeeeveit Wed 21-Nov-18 22:19:38

Thanks @physicskate.

sorry to be nosey but do you mind if I ask what it was like? mine is a deep black / purple across the bottom of my stomach where I've been injecting. I'm just shocked at the area they've managed to cover. I'm wondering whether I pinched too hard in the early days when we were getting used to injecting because it's the really old ones that look really bad whereas newer ones don't seem to be reacting the same way.

Wouldyoubelieeeeeeveit Wed 21-Nov-18 22:20:15

@physicskate and congratulations by the way!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 21-Nov-18 22:31:24

I had to take through whole preg and 6w after birth due to previous blood clot and yes they bruise

I FOund tilting needle in sometimes causes less bleeding/bruising

But if hit a vein etc then a huge bruise would happen

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 21-Nov-18 22:33:15

I stopped jabbing in stomach and did thighs as hated a bruised bump

DareToDream89 Sat 09-May-20 21:39:49

I’ve just started mine and my stomach looks like it’s been hit by a bus! Think I hit a vein yesterday as it took forever to stop bleeding (only little bit of blood) but it’s a huge purple colour today

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »