Talk

Advanced search

IVF or more clomid?

(6 Posts)
confused107 Mon 19-Nov-18 11:53:31

Posting for advice...

Myself (37) as DH (41) have been trying to conceive for more than 2 years now and have just finished without success our third round of clomid. On my monitored cycle I ovulated and had a 95 progesterone. I've had all the tests including HSG which all came back fine and DH has above average sperm count.

We have now gone back to the consultant and she suggested going straight on to IVF due to my age instead of the next 3 months clomid. I wasn't expected to be offered IVF (we are on the nhs) straight away and was prepared for 3 more months of clomid

Now I've come away and thought about it I'm wondering if I should call back and ask to do the 3 months of clomid first. If I'm honest we were struggling to DTD during the last cycle and I would rather loose some weight (bmi currently 26) and be more mentally prepared before I start IVF, especially as we will only get one funded go and we can't afford to pay for more. If this fails it's the end of our journey

Also things are pretty dire at work and I need to leave (I'm interviewing for new jobs) and can't really get away with starting IVF in my first month of a new position

Sorry for the long post but what would you do in my position, will 3 months make a difference to my chances age wise?

confused107 Mon 19-Nov-18 20:35:15

Anyone? Is this the wrong board?

Isittimeforbed Mon 19-Nov-18 20:42:37

Was the reason for you not conceiving before thought to be not ovulating? Or was the clomid just a hopeful try? 3 months won’t make any difference though and 37 is young enough to wait. If you’re only getting one shot at IVF trying everything you can beforehand seems sensible.

79andnotout Mon 19-Nov-18 21:35:09

Clinic can damage your lining, are they doing scans to monitor that?

79andnotout Mon 19-Nov-18 21:35:35

Autocorrect: clomid can damage your lining.

confused107 Mon 19-Nov-18 21:54:23

To be honest I'm not really sure why we haven't conceived. So far the only thing that came up in the tests was I was slightly on low progesterone.

My first cycle on clomid was monitored, but we were left to our own devices on the other two. They said my lining was a good thickness

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »