Natural conception following infertility?

(6 Posts)
givemesteel Sun 18-Nov-18 21:59:29

I am wondering if anyone has any success stories of conceiving naturally (reasonably quickly) following infertility?

My last pregnancy was as a result of fertility treatment I don't know if I should assume that we will need treatment again so not to bother too many times trying naturally before booking onto treatment again.

We will of course give it a few goes naturally first but I'm not sure how many months to try? 6 months?

Some factors -
- I really hate the monthly disappointment of getting my period each month (who doesn't), I regret not getting fertility treatment earlier last time as we went through a very hard time.

- although I'd prefer not to pay for treatment we can afford it

-I'm late 30s, so we've got time but I'm not a spring chicken

Any personal experience you're happy to share would be useful, thanks.

OP’s posts: |
Bonkersblond Sun 18-Nov-18 22:23:22

Not quickly but at 41 I conceived DD, naturally 3 years after DS, who was IVF and prior to him we tried for 6 long years. We weren't trying, we sort of decided DS was going to be our only one. DD was the nicest shock after years of dreading the 2 week wait.

Lauren83 Mon 19-Nov-18 07:04:08

I had been trying to conceive for 9 years both naturally and with IVF, I started IVF in 2013 and had 2 own egg cycles and 3 donor egg cycles before having a DS in Jan this year, I then got pregnant naturally and I'm 8 weeks now, my infertility was caused by stage 4 endo which led to a tube being removed and premature ovarian failure (AMH 2.2/FSH 23)

Bonkersblond Mon 19-Nov-18 17:28:38

Congratulations Lauren83

Lauren83 Mon 19-Nov-18 18:11:03

Thanks Bonkers you too, what a lovely surprise for you! Funny how things turn out isn't it

givemesteel Tue 20-Nov-18 22:46:25

Congratulations to both of you, I'm glad things were easier for you the second time round and you had a welcome surprise!

Encouraging to hear it can happen.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in