Talk

Advanced search

Natural conception following infertility?

(6 Posts)
givemesteel Sun 18-Nov-18 21:59:29

I am wondering if anyone has any success stories of conceiving naturally (reasonably quickly) following infertility?

My last pregnancy was as a result of fertility treatment I don't know if I should assume that we will need treatment again so not to bother too many times trying naturally before booking onto treatment again.

We will of course give it a few goes naturally first but I'm not sure how many months to try? 6 months?

Some factors -
- I really hate the monthly disappointment of getting my period each month (who doesn't), I regret not getting fertility treatment earlier last time as we went through a very hard time.

- although I'd prefer not to pay for treatment we can afford it

-I'm late 30s, so we've got time but I'm not a spring chicken

Any personal experience you're happy to share would be useful, thanks.

Bonkersblond Sun 18-Nov-18 22:23:22

Not quickly but at 41 I conceived DD, naturally 3 years after DS, who was IVF and prior to him we tried for 6 long years. We weren't trying, we sort of decided DS was going to be our only one. DD was the nicest shock after years of dreading the 2 week wait.

Lauren83 Mon 19-Nov-18 07:04:08

I had been trying to conceive for 9 years both naturally and with IVF, I started IVF in 2013 and had 2 own egg cycles and 3 donor egg cycles before having a DS in Jan this year, I then got pregnant naturally and I'm 8 weeks now, my infertility was caused by stage 4 endo which led to a tube being removed and premature ovarian failure (AMH 2.2/FSH 23)

Bonkersblond Mon 19-Nov-18 17:28:38

Congratulations Lauren83

Lauren83 Mon 19-Nov-18 18:11:03

Thanks Bonkers you too, what a lovely surprise for you! Funny how things turn out isn't it

givemesteel Tue 20-Nov-18 22:46:25

Congratulations to both of you, I'm glad things were easier for you the second time round and you had a welcome surprise!

Encouraging to hear it can happen.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »