Talk

Advanced search

BFP after IVF

(4 Posts)
Trying2bemum Fri 16-Nov-18 08:52:41

After three years TTC and three fresh rounds of IVF we finally got our BFP on Wednesday. It still doesn't quite feel real!

I think that makes me 4+2, so it's very early days. I've got very sore boobs, ravenous appetite and heightened sense of smell. Also cannot sleep that might be sheer excitement and anxiety!

Anyone else in the boat and want some company?

windy2909 Fri 16-Nov-18 20:11:47

Hi there,

Congratulations on your bfp! If you start a thread on the pregnancy boards I’d be happy to join. I’m 6+1 just now x

FingersXssd83 Fri 23-Nov-18 18:09:52

Congratulations @Trying2bemum! Amazing news for you. Can I just ask, did you have any frozen transfers as part of your cycles? We have recently completed out first failed cycle. Didn't get any frosties and trying to remain hopeful that it could happen for us! Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9months ahead xxx

Trying2bemum Fri 23-Nov-18 21:39:19

Thanks @FingersXssd83 xx sorry to hear your cycle didn't work this time. It's a bit of a lottery and some people have to have a few goes. Our first cycle was freeze all - we got three blasts, one didn't survive thaw, we transferred the remaining two and got BFN. We did another fresh cycle and got two blasts - put them both back and got BFN, no frosties. Did a third fresh cycle and got two blasts again - transferred both and got a BFP.

I was feeling extremely low and hopeless was starting to think along the lines that it wouldn't work for us.

I'm very very early on (5+2) so am very conscious this one might not work out - but if it doesn't we will try again. We are both 34 and have unexplained infertility by the way - so idea why this has been so difficult for us.

Best of luck xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »