Talk

Advanced search

Fragmin injections post egg collection

(8 Posts)
findingmywaytoday Sun 04-Nov-18 22:41:18

I thought I was doing so well injection wise, but I've literally hit a wall with injections, fragmin in particular. It stings like mad the needle (pre packaged injection so can't swap) is bigger than the others and really difficult to jab in - so bad that I just can't do it (husband or mum is doing them) and it bruises like mad! I've basically run out of room for injections due to the bruising. Oh and don't even get me started on the progesterone injections (grumpy cow + the most awful wind)! I know this is rambled but I just need to rant and pull myself together. I'm dreading the next 2 weeks.

physicskate Mon 05-Nov-18 00:29:32

Ice. I found it helped with the fragmin stinging. Before and after injecting.

Good luck. It's awful. But it ends.

Lauren83 Mon 05-Nov-18 03:05:06

No advice just I know how you feel, I'm on both and I dread them! All being well on prontogest for 12-14 weeks and fragmin for 42  Costing me a fortune too!

findingmywaytoday Mon 05-Nov-18 11:43:00

Thanks ladies, I was feeling very sorry for myself last night! Hope it all worked out @physicskate and good luck @Lauren83 I know what you mean! On the bright side the dread is giving me something else to focus on during the 2ww...

Lauren83 Mon 05-Nov-18 11:48:42

I think you just get a mental block on them sometimes, I had 5 IVF cycles 2 of which were with fragmin and prontogest so you would think I would be used to them by now, back on them for a natural conception now. Hope your 2WW goes quick (I know it won't!) 

ButterflyWitch Mon 05-Nov-18 11:55:40

Could you ask for clexane instead? Much easier to inject (but I’m only speaking from post op experience, not sure if appropriate for ivf)

physicskate Mon 05-Nov-18 11:56:50

Nearly 23 weeks and all's well so far!

Good luck. Go easy on yourself where you can.

Tinypause Mon 05-Nov-18 12:12:29

Definitely ice for a minute on the area first...makes a huge difference!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »