Talk

Advanced search

Just had a 'borderline' embryo put back :(

(7 Posts)
ohbigdaddio Fri 19-Oct-18 12:46:24

I went to have my FET this morning and DH and I were told the embryo had only expanded 50% after thawing and it was just on the borderline of almost not being good enough to put back.

Needless to say we were a bit shocked but the embryologist assured us that it was still worth transferring.

It was a BB embryo, so not the best either.

I'm almost certain it won't work and the embryologist said it was less likely to but there's still a chance.

Feeling a bit sh*t...it was our last embryo too. I will be 40 in a few months (argh!) The TWW seems even crueller now when I'm pretty sure it won't have worked.

Is there anyone who has been in this situation (positive or negative outcomes welcome.)

Feeling pretty low. x

AnneOfCleavage Fri 19-Oct-18 12:52:26

Sending positive thoughts to you and 

I was under the impression that BB was good and there have been great success stories with BC so keep positive - so hard I know.

Wistfulthinking Fri 19-Oct-18 13:03:56

It has been a while now, but I had 4 3 day embryos. The 2 fresh implants were top grade and failed. The other 2 were frozen of which only 1 defrosted successfully and was the 2nd grade. That embryo was successful and is now 3. I wish you every success and don't give up yet!

pattyhoo Fri 19-Oct-18 17:39:54

Really hope it works for you @ohbigdaddio a small chance is better than no chance x

ohbigdaddio Sun 21-Oct-18 10:57:33

Thanks everyone. I wasn't sure if a BB was that good but it's the 50% expansion rate that was a shock, we just weren't expecting it.

It's hard to feel positive but I'm trying.

JeNeBaguetteRien Sun 21-Oct-18 15:08:51

Hi OP, I haven't been in this position but just wanted to send 💐.
If there were no chance they wouldn't have transferred, but I understand the need not to raise your hopes too much. Everything crossed for you.

GrumbleBumble Sun 21-Oct-18 15:24:13

Not sure if this is any use to you as it's a bit different but I had three rounds of IVF and always got a decent number of eggs, most of which fertilised bit I never had anything good enough to freeze. On each occasion I had two embryos transferred at between 3 and 5 days none of which had reached blastocyst. Third time lucky we got a positive result and had my son.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »