Talk

Advanced search

Frozen Embryo Transfers and Half full Bladders :)

(13 Posts)
bangsaklove Thu 04-Oct-18 14:49:58

Any tips gang? On my failed fresh transfer they said must have a full bladder and wow I was in sooo much uncomfortable ness! They said my that really is full! The whole procedure wasnt great. For my TET they have said come with a half full bladder.
Any tips on how to get the balance right! Also were you told full or half full?

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 04-Oct-18 15:40:30

I was told full

Best way is to down a pint of water 30mins before fet

But yes painful as they press down on bladder for the right positioning

bangsaklove Thu 04-Oct-18 17:59:03

I remember the pressing down on the bladder well!

Rememberallball Thu 04-Oct-18 20:11:14

I was told I had to start drinking 2 litres of plain water starting 2 hours before my arrival at the clinic for my ET. I managed a 1.5L bottle before arriving at the clinic and managed another 1.5L while there.

They were amazed that I managed so much - but I can’t pee lying down so, by the time they let me get up an hour after the transfer, I pee’d for England and I’m sure I filled a water treatment facility near the clinic!!

Zigzag99 Fri 05-Oct-18 06:20:19

I was told full bladder.
I drank a bottle of water an hour before transfer and that seemed to do the trick.
Just drink enough so you feel like you need a wee but not bursting to go if that makes sense.

bangsaklove Fri 05-Oct-18 11:47:46

Thank you both it’s interesting isn’t it. First time they said don’t wee for 2 hours before it must be full and this time the actual embryologist (same hospital!) said half full. I’ll go for somewhere in between the two and not wetting myself grin
@rememberallball 3 litres!! Wowsers you must of set the record there haha! Well done!

Rememberallball Fri 05-Oct-18 14:01:39

@bangsaklove, I do have a habit of drinking huge amounts without peeing normally so think I just got carried away!! I think I might be a little less enthusiastic this time round!!

Spiderdemon Fri 05-Oct-18 14:13:44

One of my proudest moments in life was in a FET and my bladder was too full so i was able to go to the loo, wee a tiny bit then with SUPERHUMAN SKILL stop weeing mid flow smile

hoping2018 Fri 05-Oct-18 15:51:49

My clinic were very relaxed about this / just said turn up to appointment normally hydrated, empty bladder then drink a glass of water and by the time they did the procedure your bladder would be filling up "nicely!"

Though I have also had a scan where I had to go off and wee to empty the bladder a bit! Better than not full enough right?

hoping2018 Fri 05-Oct-18 15:52:07

And worth saying my transfer worked and I'm pregnant x

bangsaklove Fri 05-Oct-18 16:41:58

@hoping18 I think we were on the same board when I had my 1st fresh cycle earlier this year great to hear are doing well flowers
@spiderdemon @rememberallball you two are too funny tHat made chuckle
I went for half a bottle of water an hour before transfer and they said it was perfect! Plus this time I wasn’t scared of peeing in the embryologist face! Lmao
Two little Frosties on board been a very emotional day xxx

hoping2018 Fri 05-Oct-18 16:57:39

@bangsaklove glad they're on board and the embryologist didn't get wee'd on! Best of luck and let us know how you get on x

Rememberallball Fri 05-Oct-18 21:41:12

So pleased your bladder was just right today, @bangsaklove. Fingers crossed that those little frosticles become stickies xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »