Talk

Advanced search

Unused needles?

(6 Posts)
SconesForTea Mon 01-Oct-18 12:26:54

I have recently been an egg donor for my sister. I have ended up with hundreds of unused individually wrapped needless for a Gonal-F pen as each pen came with 20. Has anyone found a charity or project that would take these? All I can seem to find online is ways of disposing of them. It seems such a waste.

hoping2018 Mon 01-Oct-18 14:41:37

No where will take dispensed medications or needles in case they've been tampered with. Just need disposing of safely

physicskate Mon 01-Oct-18 14:57:45

I dropped em at my gp's office...

PerspicaciaTick Mon 01-Oct-18 15:13:06

A pharmacy should be able to take them for you, or your GP.

EarlGreyT Mon 01-Oct-18 21:27:02

I sent mine to intercare. When I called them they suggested doing this through my GP surgery if possible, but as my surgery isn’t partnered with them, they allowed me to send them the items directly. I had to pay postage, but thought it was worth it for a good cause.

intercare.org.uk/contact/

intercare.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Items-accepted-by-Inter-Care-2018.pdf

JeNeBaguetteRien Mon 01-Oct-18 21:43:40

Thanks Scones for asking and Earl for answering!
I have loads of these, low AMH, high doses of Gonal F, so would be very happy to pay postage if they could be of use.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »