Talk

Advanced search

Fertility Referral - What to expect?

(4 Posts)
HT2018 Fri 28-Sep-18 08:01:40

After months of testing I’m finally being referred to hospital for fertility treatment.
Been warned the referral may take up to 20, yes 20 weeks which isn’t great but what can you do!

Just wondering what to expect next?
I’ve got suspected PCOS however the endless bloods and scans have only shown 2/3 symptoms so my Dr hasn’t fully committed to a diagnosis - not very helpful I know.

BMI of 19.7
TTC baby #1

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 05-Oct-18 00:54:08

Sorry to hear your struggles 😔 I've recently posted about similar and had my first fertility appointment last week. I'll paste my comments following the appointment:

"It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Lots of sex and lifestyle type questions. We were there for ages. It was NHS so I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of time they took with us. I was weighed and had blood pressure done too. Outcome is for a laparoscopy and a thing to check if my tubes a blocked, where they put dye through you. They'll do it at the same time as the lap. Can't remb what it's called! Also repeating my AMH bloods.

My hubby had his SA and I had an internal scan and loads of bloods and my MMR two vaccines done before we were referred."

Hope your appointment is earlier than 20 weeks!!! Xx

HT2018 Fri 05-Oct-18 09:20:07

Thanks for the reply 😊

Yeh I’ve had the internal scan, lots of different bloods and the MMR, whilst he’s had SA.

Hoping to get some info through soon as it’s been a little over a week now and I was told 7-10days for the initial pack to be sent out to me. Then the long wait...

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 05-Oct-18 10:56:02

Keep us postedthanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »