Talk

Advanced search

Light bleeding 8 days after transfer - worried...

(12 Posts)
cowchickenduckdog Fri 21-Sep-18 10:59:07

3 days ago I started to bleed very lightly and have done again today. I had the embryo transfer 8 days ago. I guess this is too late on to be implantation bleeding? Anyone else had this? I have to do the test tomorrow morning and it's killing me not knowing. I know the answer is to just be patient and see what the test says but I just wanted to know if anyone else had had this and what happened. Thanks xxx

Scottishgirl85 Sat 22-Sep-18 08:08:26

Good luck for this morning x

cowchickenduckdog Sat 22-Sep-18 10:11:19

Thank you! It was positive 😁 still being cautious though as I’ve had a bit of blood and I know anything can happen but at least a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed now!! Xxx

Chattycat78 Sat 22-Sep-18 10:30:36

Congratulations. For what it’s worth I’ve been pregnant 3 times and had bright red bleeding up to 12 weeks every time. 2 of those 3 pregnancies are now little people.

cowchickenduckdog Sat 22-Sep-18 10:48:20

Thanks Chattycat78 and that’s reassuring to know! Still going to be cautious in raising my hopes too much. If I can get to the 3 month scan then I’ll let loose! 😊 xxx

HavelockVetinari Sat 22-Sep-18 11:03:02

Hurrah! Congratulations! I know a few people who had bleeds early on, all went on to deliver healthy babies. When I miscarried twice I didn't bleed at all.

Scottishgirl85 Sat 22-Sep-18 12:28:32

Yaaay! Congratulations! I had a bit of bleeding at around 6 weeks after my successful FET, fingers crossed all will be fine. Take care x

Verbena87 Sat 22-Sep-18 12:33:12

I had bleeding after FET as well (the same month as transfer but at least 2 weeks post transfer), then another bleed at 18 weeks. He’s currently bombing around the living room playing the kazoo! Good luck

cowchickenduckdog Sun 23-Sep-18 18:47:26

Thanks for your messages - very reassuring. Things are so far so good so being careful and keeping fingers crossed!!! Xxxx

Verbena87 Sun 23-Sep-18 18:55:23

Ah, glad to hear it’s still so far so good! I think I was still being careful not to get my hopes up til he was about a week old. Remember waking my husband up in the night because I hadn’t felt the baby move for ages. He had to gently remind me the baby was in the cot right by my face. (Sleep deprivation is a crazy thing)

Wishing you all the luck.

cowchickenduckdog Tue 25-Sep-18 15:39:31

@Verbena87 I think I'll be the same as you! Thanks for the luck and hope your tot is letting you have more sleep now!! smile xxx

Verbena87 Wed 26-Sep-18 07:42:26

I think the whole process is just so intense and surreal that it’s normal to feel a bit overwhelmed and cautious. Hope all is still well.

(I sleep a lot less but laugh a lot more these days. It’s a good swap even if I do need expensive concealer for my zombie-eyes wink)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »