Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation after IVF. Not happening

(3 Posts)
HJ82 Wed 19-Sep-18 14:25:38

Hi
One thing I've noticed about IVF is it seems to cut out 6 months of natural trying time. grrr

So the past two cycles after IVF I've had the following:
LH surge
Horny
Normal mucus
Ovulation pain

BUT,
0 PMS symptoms. I've never had a cycle that I didn't get sore boobs etc in the lead up to my period. This is how I ultimately know I ovulated as I have high progesterone from the corpus luteum. LH surges can happen and you still may not ovulate so you must get Progesterone symptoms to be sure. So I was told by a dr..

So what's happening here? Anyone experience this? When can we get back on track with trying. Quite frustrating. Before IVF I had a 28 day cycle with O on day 14. Never not ovulated. I prob should go to acupuncture and get my pituitary gland stimulated, It might not be producing a strong enough LH surge! sad I assume my body is confused after I messed with it.

Persipan Wed 19-Sep-18 19:26:44

I wouldn't assume for sure you aren't ovulating. You may be less sensitive to the effects of progesterone, or have a slightly lower level of it than you used to. Are you temping?

HJ82 Wed 19-Sep-18 21:00:43

@Persipan I've just ordered a BBT as I sold my ladycomp a while back. When I didn't need to chart. I'll see what that predicts

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »