Page 2 | 2ww torture

(271 Posts)
Langpants Thu 30-Aug-18 06:18:35

I’m now 6dp5dt and have caved and tested this morning. I wish I’d waited a little longer as the test was £8!

I have been studying the test in different lights and I swear I can see the faiiiiintest second line. Am I just hopeful and imagining it?!

Got a few internet cheapies and a couple of first response didgital tests to tide me over the next few days. Which should I use?!

How people manage not to test throughout the 2ww, I’ll never know. It was never going to be me. 😜

OP’s posts: |
Jenbot78 Sat 01-Sep-18 13:58:53

Thanks for the positivity Elly I just don't think it is our turn, sadly. But I will keep the faith (until tomorrow's test anyway!)

Langpants Sun 02-Sep-18 07:51:24

@Jenbot78 - thinking of you this morning. Please let us know how you get on. I had a BFN again this morning. 😩 (9dp4dt)

Langpants Sun 02-Sep-18 07:52:06

9dp5dt! I think I need to go back to bed for a bit. Lol.

Elly1685 Sun 02-Sep-18 08:33:01

@lang - when is your OTD? Sorry it was a bfn this morning. I know how disheartening it is to not see what you want to.

@jen good luck this morning! Fx xx

@melissa, welcome. I hope your 2ww goes really quickly!
I’m still plodding along, stil symptom spotting and convincing myself it has worked. I know it’s good to be positive but I feel like I’m setting myself up for a hard fall when I test and it hasn’t worked..!

melissa1215 Sun 02-Sep-18 09:51:04

Hey all,

How long after your transfer did you start using fragrances deodorants/perfumes? Xx

melissa1215 Sun 02-Sep-18 09:52:13

Sorry to be super stupid but what does this 5dp4dt mean? I'm really not good with all the abbreviations

Advertisement

Elly1685 Sun 02-Sep-18 10:04:56

Don’t worry it took me a while to get used to all the lingo 😂 4dp5dt is 4 days post a 5 day transfer.

Sometimes people put 4dp3dt (so they had a 3 day transfer)

Today I’m 5dp5dt xx

Langpants Sun 02-Sep-18 10:45:46

Hi @melissa1215 - I'm not one to go without perfume for long so think it was about 2 or 3 days post transfer.

I'm 9dp5dt today (9 days post 5 day [blastocyst] transfer)

And I can't stop POAS (peeing on a stick)!

Langpants Sun 02-Sep-18 10:46:54

@Elly1685 - OTD (official test day for Mel) is Friday 7 Sept. Staying positive. 🤞🏻

Langpants Sun 02-Sep-18 10:47:56

@Jenbot78 - you ok lovely? Xx

Jenbot78 Sun 02-Sep-18 10:59:29

Thanks for asking, I’m great! After a LONG night of not sleeping I got a BFP on a Clearblue Digital test. I am genuinely and utterly in shock after two episodes of light bleeding and painful cramps. Still a very very very long way to go yet so need to just take each day as it comes...

Elly1685 Sun 02-Sep-18 11:17:30

Oh my goodness @jen!!! Massive congratulations!!!! I knew it would work for you!!! Woohoo

Langpants Sun 02-Sep-18 14:04:20

@Jenbot78 - HUGE HUGE HUGE congratulations! I'm so pleased for you. That's so exciting. I have everything crossed that things continue to go as planned. Enjoy that happiness - you deserve it! Xx

Jenbot78 Sun 02-Sep-18 22:05:30

Thanks so much guys, hopefully the first of many on this board. I am still nervous and anxious as no real symptoms at all anymore...Langpants will you test tomorrow? Good luck!!!

Elly1685 Mon 03-Sep-18 07:22:51

@lang... you are definitely still in with a chance! Friday is plenty of time for your bfp to appear!!

@jen I’ve seen loads of people post about getting no symptoms - it’s quite common by the looks of things!

@mel I used perfume the next day, I wasn’t told not to and I figuered that the non fragrance rule was probably just whilst the embryo was in a little tube next to me 😀

So I’m currently 6dp5dt. For the last two days I’ve had very mild stomach ache. Nothing too bad but you know that feeling you get either before your stomach rumbles or before you have a really bad stomach ache? Well it’s like that. Around the centre of my body. It’s a really weird feeling. It’s probabky nothing and I’ve probabky had it before but I’m just really concious of it because it’s my 2ww I guess?!

Langpants Mon 03-Sep-18 07:43:26

@Elly1685 - Thank you. ☺️ I've been having the same crampy feelings for a few days now. Been reading that it can be caused by your uterus expanding. So hopefully a good sign for both of us!

@Jenbot78 - I didn't have any first response tests left so didn't test this morning. Will prob test tomorrow morning (at 11dp5dt). I'm so pleased for you.

sophieb13 Mon 03-Sep-18 16:49:55

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me joining!

I am currently on my first ivf cycle.
I ended up with 6 eggs retrieved and 2 made it to 8 cell. I have had one transferred today. I'm still quite uncomfortable from egg collection which dr saw today but he said shouldn't affect anything. Now for the 2 week wait! Feels like a long time already and it was only a few hours ago haha!

Xxx

Langpants Mon 03-Sep-18 21:00:33

Welcome @sophieb13 - get plenty of rest! We are here for you on the 2ww torture. Lol. Wishing you all the best on this next part of your journey.

melissa1215 Tue 04-Sep-18 08:10:08

I'm on day 4 of the wait, I was told to test in 11 days... the wait is killing me haha, keeping busy though.

Feeling slight cramps and occasional twinges, heels like my period is coming (it would be due in 3 days) so I'm trying not to think about it.

No other symptoms, no sore boobs. I've been super hungry and rather dry "down there" but I don't know it don't that's anything to do with it.

How's everyone else doing?

Langpants Tue 04-Sep-18 08:41:36

@melissa1215 - another negative here at 11dp5dt- so feeling a bit rubbish.

I totally wish I'd not started testing. If you can hold off until your test day, I'd advise you to do that. I won't be testing early on the next round.

I had and am having all those symptoms too. Except the dryness - but that's because of the pessaries. Are you not taking those?

melissa1215 Tue 04-Sep-18 12:38:46

@Langpants nope I'm doing a "natural" cycle so I'm abit concerned

Jenbot78 Tue 04-Sep-18 17:33:54

Oh Langpants what a rough time you're having. Definitely step away from the tests and see what the clinic say on Friday. It is SO hard, all of this. Nothing too much to say apart from sending virtual cake. And yes definitely step away from the tests, because really it isn't all over until official test day...

Langpants Tue 04-Sep-18 19:29:06

@melissa1215 - fingers crossed for you. 🤞🏻xx

Langpants Tue 04-Sep-18 19:31:06

Thank you @Jenbot78 - had a bit of a rotten day, so had my nails done, about to fake tan, then chill with my other half and our black lab. Then the positive pants are back on tomorrow and no testing until Friday. Xx

Elly1685 Tue 04-Sep-18 20:23:23

@lang I really hope it’s a good sign for both of us -Friday/Saturday will soon be here!! How lovely to have a pamper day!!! Always makes you feel better smile

@mel try not to worry too much! Easier said than done!

Welcome @sophie! Hope you are feeling better after ER make sure you get lots of rest!

I’m still getting the weird stomach ache - it just feels like there’s a ball in my stomach - it’s really odd 😂 I think it’s the progesterone tho making me have symptoms 😂

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in