Gonal f

(92 Posts)
angel2028 Mon 20-Aug-18 10:41:21

Hi, I am creating this new thread in addition to being on the clomid one.
Reason for this is because my treatment has taken a slightly different path and have just been prescribed gonal f injections.

Does anyone else have any experience of gonal f or has it been discussed as a treatment option for you?

Would be great to discuss. smile

OP’s posts: |
angel2028 Mon 10-Jun-19 18:56:43

@intrigued2018
Wooo that's amazing!!! Congratulations to you both. I'm so pleased for you!!

We haven't been back to the clinic yet. We are in the process of selling house and moving jobs etc so one thing at a time this end. smile

Fab to hear from you with positive news xx

intrigued2018 Mon 10-Jun-19 18:50:32

Hey @angel2028 - how are you? How you getting on? Did you do another round of ovulation induction? Fingers and toes crossed you have had positive news. Our first round of IVF worked and I am currently 18weeks pregnant and due in November. It still doesn't feel real. X

angel2028 Mon 10-Jun-19 18:37:55

@intrigued2018
Hey, are you still on this thread? Just wanted to see how things are with you?
Also, how is everyone else getting on? X

intrigued2018 Wed 30-Jan-19 07:21:26

@angel2028 - it's great to hear from you! All going well our side, started the IVF journey early January and about half way through now. Should start back on Gonal-F next week all things being well and know the outcome end of Feb / early March. So much to process but trying to enjoy it - it's a lot less stressful than I though so far! DH has been so supportive which is lovely.

Are you going for another round of ovulation induction? How have you been?

Happy new year - where has the time gone. It was September when we went went through ovulation induction. Crazy! Xxx

AquaMonkey Tue 29-Jan-19 23:57:50

Hope you don't mind but just was flicking through the active topics and this came up. I wanted to give you all a positive story about gonal f! DH and I tried to convince for over 4 years tried clomid and it did nothing.

Clinic suggested trying gonal F for ovulation induction before IVF but they weren't convinced it would work. First month came did the injections and had all the scans but things weren't great (they couldn't find my left ovary at all). Only had 2 follicles and only one had got to 18mm by day 20. Went for the final scan and the doc said to just right off this month but to take the trigger injection anyway to bring my period on.

We were pretty heartbroken but decided to just focus on the next month. Kept waiting for my AF to come but it didn't.... By day 16 DH said to do a pregnancy test just to rule it out.... Couldn't believe it but I was pregnant! Currently that 18mm follicle is an absolute terror of a 2 year old!

I hope you don't mind me sharing but I wanted to give you hope. I remember almost 3 years ago searching online to find other people doing Gonal for ovulation induction and I couldn't see it anywhere! I just wanted to give you some hope!!

Good luck! grin

angel2028 Tue 29-Jan-19 23:24:20

@intrigued2018
Hey, sorry it's been so long!! How are you guys getting on? We haven't restarted treatment as yet. Thinking to go back to the clinic in a few weeks.

Hope you had a nice Christmas, seems a long time ago now.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon! X

Advertisement

intrigued2018 Mon 05-Nov-18 19:15:49

@angel2028 - sorry to hear you are going through a stressful time also, my clinic definitely advise against avoidable stress during the process so as much as it feels counterproductive probably is better holding off. Are you planning on another round of ovulation induction? We are off to the clinic in a couple of weeks to go through process, get checks and do the paperwork. Such a journey and hard to figure everything out x

angel2028 Wed 31-Oct-18 09:48:29

@intrigued2018

Hi, good to hear from you. We haven't restarted yet. There's been lots going on here to be honest and I think like you we want to be less stressed and a bit healthier. I'm not sure if we will wait until the new year or possibly try again during nov/dec.

How are you doing? X

intrigued2018 Sun 28-Oct-18 17:25:27

Hi @angel2028 - how are you? Did you have a good holiday? You restarted treatment? If so how is it going? X

intrigued2018 Wed 19-Sep-18 09:34:37

@angel2028 - no problem. AF seems to have arrived quite quickly after stopping progesterone pessaries - last one was Sunday night and AF started this morning. Hoping it isn't too horrendous. Hopefully AF starts again for you, can imagine it'll take upto two weeks after stopping injections?! Did the clinic give you any idea?

Me and DH spoke last night, going to have a break from ttc between now and January and just chill out! There is too much going on for us that we are both stressed and my health isn't great that it'll impact our chances of success. We've also decided on IVF/ICSI, ovulation induction success rates are low after three rounds (2 of Clomid and 1 of Gonal-f). My DH is also slightly sub fertile.
Feels a big decision which is why we've also said to give ourselves three moths break.

Is it November you start again? Fingers and toes crossed all goes well for you 😘😘 x

angel2028 Tue 18-Sep-18 22:06:27

@intrigued2018
Hi sorry for late reply. Been at work all day.

Sorry to hear that hun. How are you feeling?

Yes I've stopped all treatment until after my holiday. No sign of AF. I don't ordinarily but should do soon hopefully.

What's making you think possibly IVF? Xx

intrigued2018 Tue 18-Sep-18 09:43:05

Hi @angel2028, how you getting on? Have you stopped all treatment now? Any sign of AF. Went for my blood test this morning, looks like it'll be a negative as said if home test was then most likely it is negative. So just a case of waiting for AF to arrive now and deciding what to do. Can't decide whether do to another round of ovulation induction or start IVF... such an emotional journey! X

intrigued2018 Sun 16-Sep-18 17:11:56

Yep fingers crossed too early.

yep think we will wait for Wednesday now although tempted to try again tomorrow. In my head I don't think I am but who knows x

angel2028 Sun 16-Sep-18 14:44:17

@intrigued2018

Hopefully just a bit early then thanks

Certainly doesn't sound like things are written off at all. Will you wait until weds to test again? Xx

intrigued2018 Sun 16-Sep-18 14:29:40

Thanks, tested this morning and was negative 🙁 trying not to get too disheartened as they did say I could still be too early as unlikely to be 14dpo until Wednesday and they'll do bloods then to check. So not written things off yet x

angel2028 Sun 16-Sep-18 14:04:28

@intrigued2018
Good luck x

intrigued2018 Fri 14-Sep-18 12:55:11

@angel2028 - sorry to hear that!! I hope you are okay thanks but at least they know where to start dose wise next time and hopefully that means it's good! Focus on your holiday, the time will fly.

I'm all good, getting nervous about Sunday xx

angel2028 Fri 14-Sep-18 11:30:23

Hi @intrigued2018

Thank you for your message.

Went for the scan this morning. Unfortunately my follicles haven't grown much at all with the current dose of gonal f. We are unable to go any further with this cycle as it risks the egg quality. So we have stopped treatment for the time being.
As we are away for 10 days in October we are going to wait to restart treatment after that.

It's disappointing but just one of those things Onwards and upwards.

How are you? X

intrigued2018 Fri 14-Sep-18 11:24:37

Good luck @angel2028 x

angel2028 Wed 12-Sep-18 23:27:36

@intrigued2018

Thank you, will keep you posted on Friday.

No for some reason it is never straight forward🙄

Sorry to hear you're in hospital, hope you get well soon. Sending you all the luck for Sunday!!!!!! Xxx

intrigued2018 Wed 12-Sep-18 22:53:39

Hey @angel2028 - just logged on to send a message to see if there was any update! Great to hear one follicle seems to be growing now, fingers crossed for the scan on Friday and you can carry on! Will have my fingers and toes crossed for you Friday.

I'm all okay thank you, currently unwell in hospital so managing to distract my mind but been a mindfield with tests and medicines as have to tell everyone there is a possibility of pregnancy so some are on hold until we know the result. Can test on Sunday, then if negative retest Tuesday. Life can never be straight forward can it 🤣 x

angel2028 Wed 12-Sep-18 22:32:29

Hi @intrigued2018

So I went for scan today. I have one follicle that is 11.5mm. The rest are still at 9mm. They have advised to give 75 gonal f today and tomorrow and then rescan on Friday morning. If the one follicle is growing nicely then will carry on but if not much change then will need to stop and take a break. Will then start again as likely higher dose.
The break will be a few weeks. If that's the case we will have to delay until after our holiday so looking at the beginning of Nov but will know more Friday.

So good your partner is supportive. Mine is too. We're just trying to stay relaxed about it all but easier said than done.

How are you doing today? Xx

intrigued2018 Sun 09-Sep-18 21:34:40

Fingers crossed for Wednesday @angel2028 - how long will they let you injection before making u have a break?

It is a long wait, I'm just blanking it out. I'm not feeling well at the moment due to other illness so hoping that won't impact things. Helping distract my mind though.

My partner is okay, finding it tough at times but so supportive . Such an emotional rollercoaster, this month we've been trying to conceive for a year which has flown by! Trying to hold onto the fact we are luckily the nhs did tests early and didn't have to wait 2years plus could have good news this month. X

angel2028 Sat 08-Sep-18 21:34:01

Thank you @intrigued2018

I'm on alternate day doses so 75 one day then 50 the next and so on. They are not wanting to increase the dose quickly at all as they are worried about overstimulation and then we would have to quit.

Glad the tiredness has passed. I hope the time flies by. Not an easy wait I imagine. Wishing you the best of luck.

How is your partner finding things? X

intrigued2018 Sat 08-Sep-18 10:56:15

@angel2028 - sorry to hear there was no growth, but good that they have increased your dose. Are you on 75 now? Fingers crossed you respond on the higher dose and the follicles start growing! How you feeling otherwise?

The tiredness has now passed thankfully, The clinic said that was normal though. Lower stomach feels tender and boobs hurt but they are side effects of medicines. I'm making sure I don't google any early pregnancy symptoms and trying not to get too far ahead in my thinking. Need to test on 17th... hoping the time goes quickly x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in