Page 2 | Gonal f

(92 Posts)
angel2028 Mon 20-Aug-18 10:41:21

Hi, I am creating this new thread in addition to being on the clomid one.
Reason for this is because my treatment has taken a slightly different path and have just been prescribed gonal f injections.

Does anyone else have any experience of gonal f or has it been discussed as a treatment option for you?

Would be great to discuss. smile

OP’s posts: |
angel2028 Sat 25-Aug-18 22:34:38

So from what was discussed at last appt...I think there are three options for me (and maybe others but not sure) after scan..

1. The follicles have not grown to the 17mm or close to size so we have to discuss further treatment , ?further injections?.

2. The follicles have grown but there are too many which means giving the trigger injection means risking multiple risky pregnancy-therefore we will have to abandon the treatment and potentially start again after a certain time or:

3. The follicles have grown. There are one or two so they are happy for us to give trigger injection and then hope for happy days. We and DH can to the dance and hope for pregnancy.

Does that sound right?

angel2028 Sat 25-Aug-18 23:37:12

@intrigued2018
Also, I'm happy to continue chatting on here and continue this thread. But..as it's just us currently I'm also happy in addition to swap details to talk privately. Up to you entirely. If this us easier. That's all good with me xx

angel2028 Sun 26-Aug-18 11:06:55

I've just realised there's no way of doing that without posting on here. Think I was having a dumb moment last night. Scrap my last post

How are you today?

orangefolly Sun 26-Aug-18 11:09:10

Yep I did Gonal F for my first IVF cycle. I have to say side effects wise I felt great! Cheerful and had more energy! Good luck OP and all others taking it at the moment flowers

intrigued2018 Sun 26-Aug-18 11:40:05

@angel2028 - the next steps sound about right, starting to feel apprehensive about tomorrow's appointment but at least it's another step along the journey 😀 if I have multiple follicles me and DH have already said we'd want to go ahead just depends if the clinic will allow it. DH is a twin himself as his mum was on Clomid.

Did you ever have a Hycosy? I haven't but starting to think is it something I should have had, going to ask at the clinic tomorrow.

Feeling better today so yesterday was probably my IBD so no side effects.

No worries, annoying how MN doesn't have a private messaging functions. X

angel2028 Sun 26-Aug-18 11:45:24

Hey @orangefolly
That's good to hear the side effects are good!! Makes a change smile
How are you getting on? Xx

Advertisement

angel2028 Sun 26-Aug-18 11:51:24

@intrigued2018

Completely understandable that you feel apprehensive about tomorrow. Hope it goes well for you.

I did have a HyCosy. They wanted to check it wasn't an issue with my tubes before starting the treatment. Did they discuss it with you? I would definitely ask tomorrow. I found it comforting to know there wasn't an issue x

intrigued2018 Sun 26-Aug-18 12:09:25

@angel2028 - thanks, I'm sure tomorrow will go okay.
Will definitely speak to the clinic tomorrow and see what they say. The private clinic never mentioned having a Hycosy, I had a bunch of other tests though. Went to a NHS clinic on Friday... was a bit of a mix up as thought it was a gynaecology appt as got told no held on NHS until after 2years, letter arrive for gynae then when I turned up was at the fertility clinic. When there they mentioned having a Hycosy done before turfing me out annoyed I'd gone privately... x

angel2028 Sun 26-Aug-18 14:37:24

@intrigued2018
Best to just check tomorrow then. We have also gone private as was such a wait on the nhs and they don't prescribe gonal f, at least in my area so the only option would have been clomid. Private clinic also offered clomid but seemed to this gonal f would be better.

Let me know how you get on tomorrow. Best of luck thanks

intrigued2018 Sun 26-Aug-18 22:12:23

@angel2028 - will ask tomorrow, spoke with my sister who had IVF two years ago at the same clinic. They did an ultrasound and no major concern withs tubes so didn't do Hycosy so could be the same for me.

Will let you know how tomorrow goes, felt a bit icky today and some sharp stabbing pains in stomach... seeing it as a good thing though... fingers crossed x

angel2028 Mon 27-Aug-18 08:25:27

@intrigued2018
Good luck for today!

intrigued2018 Mon 27-Aug-18 10:32:55

Thank you @angel2028, will let you know how it goes x

intrigued2018 Mon 27-Aug-18 13:09:49

Scan all done, have 2 follicles at 10.5mm which is apparently at CD should be between 10-12mm 🎉🎉 so pleased it is working!
Continuing injections then another scan on Thursday morning. Should be continuing with 75ui but may up to 100ui which will find out later today.
Asked about the Hycosy, said all should be fine and don't need it but nurse was going to check with consultant as my private consultant also heads up the NHS clinic where I went the other day although it wasn't him I saw. X

intrigued2018 Mon 27-Aug-18 13:22:43

@angel2028 - oops meant to say CD8 in the last post x

angel2028 Mon 27-Aug-18 20:53:09

@intrigued2018
So that's all good news then. So pleased it's working for you. Nice that you don't need a HyCosy.

So you'll know more on Thursday then ☺️x

intrigued2018 Tue 28-Aug-18 17:22:11

@angel2028

Yes all good news, fingers crossed for Thursday now. Not long until your scan. How are you feeling and getting on with injections? Xxx

angel2028 Tue 28-Aug-18 22:56:20

No mine is tomorrow morning.
Yeah getting on ok so far. Feeling pretty good. Haven't noticed any bad side effects.

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow -here's hoping for some follicles 😂 x

intrigued2018 Wed 29-Aug-18 06:58:26

Good luck this morning @angel2028!

angel2028 Wed 29-Aug-18 07:32:25

Thank you. X

angel2028 Wed 29-Aug-18 10:17:12

So @intrigued2018 I also have good news from this mornings scan. I have two follicles- one at 10mm and one at 12mm. Have been advised to continue with same dose of gonal f and have another scan Friday. Just need the largest one to keep going and leave the others behind now. X

intrigued2018 Wed 29-Aug-18 10:50:49

@angel2028 - that is great news!! Really pleased so you. Fingers crossed this is our month. Xxx

intrigued2018 Thu 30-Aug-18 11:43:25

@angel2028, second scan all done. I now have three - one at 15mm, one at 14mm and one at 11mm. Hoping no more grow.
I have another scan on Monday then providing at least one is at 18mm I will have my trigger injection.

I have to do ovulation tests over the weekend to make sure I don't ovulate and to call their emergency line if I do.

Are you having the trigger injection? Xx

angel2028 Fri 31-Aug-18 12:13:45

Hi @intrigued2018

That's great news!! Hope Monday carries on the positive news for you. Have my fingers and toes crossed for you xx

I had my second scan today. My two largest follicles have shrunk so not much happening for me at the moment.
Plan is to increase medication to 50mg and rescan Monday.
X

intrigued2018 Fri 31-Aug-18 12:29:48

@angel2028 - sorry to hear they've shrunk, how strange. Did they say why this happens? Hopefully the higher dose helps and they have started growing again by Monday. Fingers and toes crossed for you thanksthanksthanksthanksthanks
Plan lots for the weekend and hopefully the weekend goes quickly. Is it a morning scan Monday? Xxx

angel2028 Fri 31-Aug-18 12:32:47

Apparently they can shrink if the hormones are enough to keep them stimulated. Yes it's a morning scan. 930. I'm comforted by the fact that I did start on a very low dose so there's room to increase a bit.
What time is yours on Monday? X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in