Talk

Advanced search

Feeling so fed up

(13 Posts)
melissa1215 Sat 11-Aug-18 13:14:13

Hi all,

My partner and I have a male infertility issue with motility, I'm a First time IVF'er... we have 5 embryos in the freezer, consultant wants to do a natural transfer of 1 embryo on my next menstrual cycle, thing is... my period is no where to be seen. We couldn't do a fresh transfer due to really bad OHSS.

I've had constant PMS the past two weeks, all kind of symptoms going on. I'm so fed up. I feel like I'm not getting any closer to being pregnant, it feels like it's taking so long and doesn't seem to be happening.

I've got a lot of other things going on that I hoped would keep me occupied (buying a house and planning a super quick wedding) but I can't stop thinking about getting pregnant sad

I don't like not knowing when my period will come and I'm becoming completely obsessive about the whole thing which I told myself I wouldn't do but everyone keeps asking me how we're getting on and everywhere I look people are pregnant. On the verge of crying just typing this :/

cannonball8726 Sat 11-Aug-18 13:41:13

It's really hard. There's so much waiting around for the next milestone to happen in this process. And I know what you mean about seeing pregnant people everywhere (did I not notice all these people before?!) And my closest friends have either recently had a baby or are very pregnant. But for the sake of our sanity, we just need to distract ourselves with other things and make sure we take joy from other aspects of our lives. I know it's really hard... trying to perfect this art myself wink

Sorry you're having a rubbish time at the mo. Hugs.

physicskate Sat 11-Aug-18 13:41:28

Infertility is shit. It just is. Maybe get be an idea to call your clinic to discuss a trip to their counsellor to let out some of those pent up feelings.

A huge congratulations on getting 5 for the freezer!!! That's pretty amazing!!

cannonball8726 Sat 11-Aug-18 13:42:54

Second @physicskate. Five frozen embryos is fantastic smile

melissa1215 Sat 11-Aug-18 13:44:54

@cannonball8726 I think it's the waiting I'm really struggling with to be honest and the uncertainty of everything.. Just being told to wait for a cycle I didn't realise how long the wait would be 😢

@physicskate I think I will do that, I'm talking to my partner a lot and he's great with all this but might be good to chat with a a counsellor

I just want to be able to see things start happening, it feels like everything we've been through and we haven't got anything from it

HonkyWonkWoman Sat 11-Aug-18 13:55:21

Don't know enough about this to make an helpful comment but
I'm Wishing you the very Best of Luck!

FingersXssd83 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:26:26

I'm feeling very down about where we are with all of this today as well.

It sounds like you have a good number of embryos, which is fantastic for you.

Sending positive thoughts and wishes your way! x

melissa1215 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:32:45

Well, I must've been feeling extra upset due to hormones because I've just started my period, so the transfer should be going ahead soon!!

I'm so relieved

cannonball8726 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:52:46

Lol, brilliant. All you needed to do was start a thread on mumsnet! brew

melissa1215 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:55:20

@cannonball8726 hahaha!

physicskate Sat 11-Aug-18 15:06:09

Oh that's brilliant news!! The waiting is dreadful...

melissa1215 Sat 11-Aug-18 15:11:13

@physicskate I thought my body was playing tricks on me I had all kinds of weird symptoms and the waiting was the worst part

HonkyWonkWoman Sun 12-Aug-18 02:18:40

Well, I never thought that I would Yay! at someone starting their period.
But Yay!!!!!!!!😁

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: