Talk

Advanced search

Progesterone pessary and miscarriage

(6 Posts)
Iloveeating Fri 10-Aug-18 23:58:20

Hi I've been prescribed progesterone to see if I can sustain pregnancy but the pregnancy tests I've taken since last night are getting fainter. If I go on to miscarry will the progesterone stop the natural miscarriage/ bleeding?

Lauren83 Sat 11-Aug-18 02:39:30

They may keep it at bay a little but they won't prevent a miscarriage, usually when you stop them you get a withdrawal bleed as they support the lining but you can get breakthrough bleeding too. I hope it settles

Iloveeating Sat 11-Aug-18 07:32:36

So should I stop the progesterone now that I'm testing negative?

Persipan Sat 11-Aug-18 08:26:58

I'd suggest you have blood tests/scans (depending on how many weeks) to confirm for sure what's happening, before stopping the progesterone. Sorry you're in this situation.

Lauren83 Sat 11-Aug-18 08:47:43

If you have had a confirmed miscarriage then I would expect whoever's looking after you to tell you to stop it, usually that's what happens once it's 100% confirmed but if it's not then carry on until they tell you to. I wouldn't want to tell you to stop without medical advice

Iloveeating Sat 11-Aug-18 09:56:47

Thanks. Im still testing positive on a FRER so ill wait until Monday and test again before I contact GP

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: