Talk

Advanced search

Wales waiting lists?

(11 Posts)
jingle88 Wed 08-Aug-18 22:02:45

Hello,

Very new to the Ivf world... Husband and I are 30 years and have recently found out that we will require ICSI due to poor sperm motility.

I was hoping someone could give me an insight into how long they roughly waited for nhs appointment once they were referred?

Also if having private first affected the nhs rounds?

Thanks in advance , a very nervous wife xxx

35counting Sat 11-Aug-18 20:10:01

Hi, I’m in South Wales, was first referred in October 2016 and we have just had our first (unsuccessful) round so it was a long long wait! We did have some tests privately last summer but decided to wait for our nhs call up (which first happened in March). I think it really varies depending on local health board so you may not have as long to wait, best of luck!

Miss83 Sat 11-Aug-18 20:14:32

Hi also in south Wales. Also waiting for ICSI. Been in the royal Glamorgan. Waiting for an appointment to come through with the consualtant x

Sjh84 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:01:20

Hi,

We had IVF in ABMU health board area - we had to wait a year due to unexplained infertility but I think it the waiting list was quicker for those who had a identified cause.

The whole process from start to finish including tests took years but it looks like you've already had all that.

If you are referred to NPT hospital they are lovely and I'm currently pregnant from my treatment with them smile

Best of luck x

hoping2018 Sun 12-Aug-18 08:03:06

It might be worth calling them to find out? As it does vary massively - I'm in Bristol (so I appreciate not Wales!)and 1st saw GP in August, referred in October, seen in November and started drugs 2nd Jan (would have been earlier if not for Christmas) So all super quick. Had first NHS ICSI in Jan/Feb and second (private at same clinic) in April/May and currently 15 weeks pregnant. Good luck

hopefu1L Tue 14-Aug-18 01:13:28

It was an 18 month waiting list for us but once you get an appointment the process starts straight away.

jemimafuddleduck Tue 14-Aug-18 21:40:16

@hoping2018 I'm also in Bristol! Can I ask which clinic you went to? Was it southmead? I have my first appointment next week with them...
congrats on your pregnancy!

hoping2018 Wed 15-Aug-18 06:01:59

Hi @jemimafuddleduck I actually chose to go to bath fertility clinic as I heard Bristol doesn't do quite a lot of the ivf now and you have to go to Cardiff. But I live in Bristol and bath will accept people from anywhere (first round was nhs funded)

Good luck!

jemimafuddleduck Wed 15-Aug-18 07:22:35

Thanks @hoping2018
In our CCG, is it just the one cycle which is funded do you know? Or does it depend on your condition?
Do you mind me asking what your cause of infertility was? (I'm sure you have told me on another thread but I can't remember!)

hoping2018 Wed 15-Aug-18 07:57:02

Hi @jemimafuddleduck there's different CCGs within Bristol so you might want to check online but I think they're all the same of one funded as long as you are <37 and then one frozen transfer of you get any,

I'm 32 and we had ICSI for MFI, but I also had reduced ovarian reserve. First cycle BFN and didn't get any frozen, second cycle we changed a Fair bit and I'm currently 15/40 and have two in the freezer. Second we funded via access fertility.

jemimafuddleduck Wed 15-Aug-18 12:11:37

Thanks @hoping2018
It's great your treatment started so quickly. I can't wait for this time next week when we'll have our first appointment and hopefully get some direction

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: