Talk

Advanced search

egg collection

(15 Posts)
CLB540 Wed 08-Aug-18 18:31:18

had my egg collection today 13 in total and bloody hell did it hurt. cried the whole way through whilst puffing on gas and air! 🙈
my whole stomach now feels bruised and like i have pulled all my muscles. cant really stand straight and sitting hurts.
i have PCOS and had 23 follicles left and 24 right so a lot going on.
can anyone tell me how to ease this pain bar paracetamol every 4 hours.
thanks in advance xx

hoping2018 Wed 08-Aug-18 19:59:01

I had 32 follicles and 22 eggs collected so feel your pain!

Have you tried a hot water bottle as well?

I took codeine too - but they didn't give that to me - I just had it from previous.

You're ok to take ibuprofen at this stage too I think xx

CLB540 Wed 08-Aug-18 20:27:26

if you dont mind me asking did you have them put straight back in or did u suffer from hypostimulation? i am so worried that when i go back thats what they arw going to tell me.
i have PCOS btw!

they told me specifically not to take ibuprofen due to it effecting the womb lining.

deffo try the hot water bottle tho - thank you x

hoping2018 Wed 08-Aug-18 21:03:39

Hi @CLB540

I had put back in but we had embryo quality issues too and nothing good enough to freeze on cycle 1 despite 14 fertilised embryos (this is rare!). First cycle BFN, nothing frozen, 2nd cycle 3 day transfer with two embryos and bfp and ended up with two frozen! Just one baby in there and I'm 15 weeks now.

Good luck

ProfessionalBarren Wed 08-Aug-18 21:11:10

With that many follicles please be mindful of the symptoms of OHSS which can be really serious. Breathlessness, severe pain, reduced urine output are some but I’m assuming your clinic gave you a full list. Drink lots of fluids with electrolytes (sports isotonic type drinks), plenty of rest. If I’m any doubt contact your clinic.

A bit grim but try to avoid constipation too as it can make everything feel worse. Ask your clinic what you can take if you do get bunged up.

Good luck with the rest of your cycle.

CLB540 Thu 09-Aug-18 15:19:01

congratulations @hoping2018 i hope all continues to go well for you.

found out today 6 eggs fertilised 😊

i did hear about the electrodes thing when looking online so will give a go! clinic says lots of protien so am feeling rather bunged up already 😏 got a hair tie holding my jeans together today!

A280 Sat 11-Aug-18 08:37:59

@clb540 congratulations on 6 that fertilised! Hope you are less sore now and recovering well. Could you feel the egg collection even through the sedation?

physicskate Sat 11-Aug-18 12:04:03

@A280 I didn't feel anything until I woke up properly. Thought I was asleep the whole time (though was told by nurses I'd been talking??).

I was very very uncomfortable (18 eggs collected) for about 3 days after. Hot water bottle and codeine helped.

melissa1215 Sat 11-Aug-18 13:08:01

I used a hot water bottle, I had OHSS so ours were frozen... I was really unwell but the hot water bottle was a god send, i didn't take anything other than paracetamol and ate light food due to feeling incredible bloated.. I hope you're okay xx

CLB540 Mon 13-Aug-18 09:33:28

@A280 yes i had the sedation 2. i have since beem told that some people feel it more than others. the doctor has told me she entered 30 follicles so thats probably why.

30!! crickey thats an amazing amount.

i am due in at 2pm today to have them put back in as i dont have and OSHH symptoms which they said they are pleasantly surprised about although all the way through they have expected it. (i am due some bloody luck this year)

so now i have everything crossed it works. i am positive even though i know i shouldnt get my hopes up. its hard not to when u want it so much! x

CLB540 Mon 13-Aug-18 09:36:57

@physicskate sorry not sure where 30 came from but 18 is a bloody huge number its fantastic! x

A280 Mon 13-Aug-18 09:45:07

@physicskate did you hear the docs talk during the retrieval? I had my anaethisea appointment and she mentioned i will be able to hear they are talking etc as well as follow any instructions they give like put my legs up!

@clb540 hope the discomfort of retrieval has worn off and best of luck with the transfer!! How many are you having transferred? Wish u well

physicskate Mon 13-Aug-18 10:22:33

@a280 Nope. I didn't hear a thing. Or at least, I don't remember it. I remember three injections going into the cannula and then waking up in recovery.

A280 Mon 13-Aug-18 14:32:34

@physicskate it’s reassuring to know that you didnt hear anything till you woke up! Im so hoping i don’t either. My egg collection will be in about 6 days so knowing that was reassi

CLB540 Mon 13-Aug-18 21:53:00

@A820 i heard everything as i remember them counting the eggs but it went so quickly! u will be fine. its all for the end result 👶

i only had 1 put back in because it would double my OHSS chances which are already high.

also out of the 6 i had 2 top grade, one not good enough to be frozen and 3 lagging behind so i thought if they cant be saved at least i have 1 in reserve for next time just incase i cant ever produce any good eggs again (silly way to think i know!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: