Talk

Advanced search

IUI 2ww - anyone with me? / success stories?

(6 Posts)
Wishful30 Wed 13-Jun-18 10:49:28

Hey,
Had my very first IUI yesterday morning.
Is anyone else on my boat and in their 2ww, or close?

It's going to be a long old 2 weeks

CountryCob Wed 13-Jun-18 12:12:06

Hello I am due to frozen embryo transfer in a couple of hours, clinic has called to say embryo has defrosted and survived that so that is good news. Feeling anxious, this is following one fresh cycle which was unsuccessful, was at a busy time for me, still busyish now but not as physical this time, am hoping that will improve the chances of this one working. It’s a long two weeks I agree am already anxious and embryo not even in yet, what is IUI? Not very good on the initials but guessing the two week wait is a universal!

Wishful30 Wed 13-Jun-18 14:06:17

Hello 👋🏻

IUI is Intra Uterine Insemination
So basically a catheter is used to insert the sperm after it has been 'washed/prepped'

I've had a couple of chemical pregnancies so I'm not convinced this will work, but my bmi is just over for IVF so I'm going down this road whilst loosing some weight.

Fingers crossed for you. Wishing you all the best xxxx

CountryCob Wed 13-Jun-18 15:06:03

Oh yes wishful IUI was discussed for us but we had ICSI in the end after a few horrible chlomid rounds that ended up in lots of overstimulation and a break from treatment. I usually tell myself it won’t work too, form of self defence I think. Good luck to you too, I test 26 June but last time there was significant and prolonged bleeding so I knew early it hadn’t worked. Am trying to be more positive this time though as I am happier that way when I can achieve it about assisted fertility, otherwise I just end up bitter and resentful about the process. This embryo replacement went better for me as I tried to be more positive, now going on try and take it as easy as possible without going mad! Predict I will though over the wait, fingers crossed for you flowers

Memenew Tue 03-Jul-18 21:35:32

Hi Wishful30. I have a baby girl from 3 round of iui. First 2 cycles were clomid only and unsuccessful. Third cycle I had clomid and injectables and this worked!! Ttc for 3 years and no pregnancies prior to thism good luck!!! xxx

Wishful30 Tue 03-Jul-18 22:25:09

Thankyou ladies.

IUI mark 1 (no meds) = fail

IUI mark 2 postponed due to stress and bad timing with a funeral but added in Clomid already. Took 50mg day 2-5. Made me very drowsy but I took it with dinner so slept most of it off.
I have a scan Friday morning to check for overstimulation. Should be ovulating Sunday/Monday but I feel I may be early.

If the Clomid works ok but still no bfp I'll be going in IUI mark 2 with Clomid bad injection.
I was offered the injection this time too, but I've decided to just try the Clomid as we are trying otherwise naturally this month.

Who would've thought it was this complicated to get pregnant 🙄

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: