Talk

Advanced search

When did you get a BFP after 3 day FET?

(2 Posts)
ejsmitho Tue 12-Jun-18 22:45:42

Hi Ladies, I’m in need of some advice. I had a 3 day FET 11 days ago and I did HPT today and it was negative. I’m devastated and I’ve pretty much cried all day. Did anyone go on to get BFP following a BFN? My actual test date is in 2 days time but I’m thinking if I was pregnant it would have shown on a HPT by now.

1Wanda1 Wed 13-Jun-18 05:51:40

Hi OP. The curse of early testing! Testing at 11 days after a 3 day transfer (11dp3dt) is equivalent to testing at 8 days post ovulation (8dpo) or 6 days before period is due. That is quite early and if you look at the accuracy stats for early response pregnancy tests, you will see that at 6 days before period they are only about 70% accurate but 2 days before they are about 95% accurate and on the day due, 98% accurate.

That is not to get your hopes up, but a BFN at this stage does not necessarily mean BFN.

I recently got a clear BFP after a 5 day FET on day 6, so equivalent of 11dpo. That would be another 3 days for you. On a previous FET cycle I got a v v faint line at 7dp5dt which got darker the next day but then faded to BFN by official test date so was sadly a chemical pregnancy. I wished I had never seen the BFP.

The best advice really is to hold off testing as long as possible and in my view definitely until at least the equivalent of 14dpo, which for you is 11 days past transfer. I know how hard it is. Stay strong. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: