Talk

Advanced search

Clomid day 21 test result 1.1 - could I still ovulate?

(5 Posts)
LookingAtTheStars89 Thu 24-May-18 14:02:58

Hi :-)

This cycle I took 50mg of clomid from cd 2-6 and have has all the signs of ov but I got my day 21 result back today and it was 1.1! They said that can mean I was periovulatory (around ov time) but I feel deflated. I had fertile looking cm from cd12 until yesterday, cd22 but I'm completely dry today. Is there a chance that I ovulated yesterday/today? Or am I just clutching at straws?

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 26-May-18 12:38:21

Do you have a diagnosis of the underlying problem?.

Unfortunately such ovulation "signs" can be totally misleading. With such a low level it is unlikely sadly that you have ovulated today.

When do you next see the clinicians?. It may be that your dosage of clomid needs to be increased. Its a very low dosage.

LookingAtTheStars89 Sat 26-May-18 13:34:01

@AttilaTheMeerkat. I have PCOS. I will be speaking to them after my second blood draw. They did briefly speak about upping the dosage if this round didn't work. It's strange, I got pregnant in june year but had a missed miscarriage and I haven't really ovulated since sad

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 26-May-18 14:57:55

Am sorry to read about both your missed miscarriage last June and the PCOS diagnosis.

Verity's website may be helpful to you re PCOS.www.verity-pcos.org.uk/

Do speak to them further about upping the dosage of clomid. You should continue to be monitored whilst on this; no monitoring is unacceptable as you then have no idea whether its working or not.

JeNeBaguetteRien Sat 26-May-18 15:13:26

Looking it seems unlikely that you ovulated unless the blood test timing was very out. Perhaps a higher dose will make the difference.

Attila I was given 6 months ofClimid with no monitoring, I had to beg and plead for any and got 1 progesterone blood test.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: