Talk

Advanced search

Referred to gynaecology

(5 Posts)
Pinkroseuk Tue 13-Feb-18 21:06:47

Hi guys-
I have PCOS and been referred to gynaecology after 6 months on metformin and still no periods.
Has anyone been in a similar situation? What are they likely to suggest?
I've been told I'm not eligible for IVF as my weight is too high ( I'm dieting but with little effect atm)

Starting to feel low as feel I'm not getting anywhere - I don't want to come away from the appointments with just a come back in a year when you have lost weight :/
My previous doctor already said wait 2 years and see if anything happens

Thanks any help would be great

Belle723 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:47:43

Hi pinkrose

PCOS affects people in very different ways but I think the may suggest a supplement called Inofolic (buy it online approx £30 a month) - but the main thing which will help is losing weight - I know it's hard with PCOS - I have it too - but it's the best treatment.

To be eligible for clomid most places like your BMI less than 35 and for IVF less than 30.

It also improves your chances of natural conception. Good luck in your TTC journey. You will find loads of help and support and people in similar situations on these boards!

Pinkroseuk Tue 13-Feb-18 21:55:38

Hi @Belle723 thankyou-
Yes I have been trying to loose weight but with little success.
I have been on the infolic for about a month too so will keep going with those -

Thankyou there have been some lovely people on here to chat with

Belle723 Tue 13-Feb-18 21:59:56

I find that a higher protein lower carb diet is better for PCOS. You're doing everything you can - just stick to it! Good luck with the gynaecologist

Pinkroseuk Tue 13-Feb-18 22:06:06

Thankyou smile fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now