Talk

Advanced search

SIS/HyCoSy and scar tissue?

(1 Post)
Bubblegum89 Sat 10-Feb-18 20:57:01

Long shot but thought I would ask if anyone knew!

I had a vacuum d&c 3 years ago. My periods aren’t great, medium red on day one then brown spotting for 3-4 days. When I started ttc, I had a US of my uterine cavity (unrelated to ttc) and the dr said she thought she saw scar tissue which is consistent with having any kind of uterine surgery. I googled scar tissue in uterus and found that infertility and lighter/no period are the main symptoms so I put two and two together and figured this must be the cause of my terrible periods.

I’ve been pregnant twice after one missed pill so naively thought ttc would be easier but I’ve been ttc now for 17 months with no pregnancies. Since that original US I’ve had two more done (one 2D and one 3D) and there’s been no scarring found.

Then on Wednesday I had a SIS along with a HyCoSy. My tubes were clear and she used the saline to check for adhesions in my uterus whilst being internally scanned with the 3D ultrasound. The sonographer said that she couldn’t see any scarring and my endometrium looked great.

Now, from my past research I know that to properly diagnose scar tissue you need a hysteroscopy but I wonder if it was possible that the sonographer, who was specifically trained to look for uterine adhesions, could be right? Would the saline alongside a 3D ultrasound be able to pick up any adhesions? Or can it still miss them? I can’t help but think that if I was scarred enough to not be able to fall pregnant, they would be able to pick that up in a 3D image but obviously I’m totally clutching at straws. Anyone had scarring that was missed on everything other than a hysteroscopy? Or had other tests saying no scarring and then a hysteroscopy confirmed there was none? Thanks in advance for reading this ramble lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: