Talk

Advanced search

How do I get my hands on Ovitrelle?

(7 Posts)
SomeRandomBird Tue 06-Feb-18 19:41:11

After an unsuccessful IUI my fertility clinic has recommended Ovitrelle - they told me to ask my gynaecologist for a prescription.

Is this something my GP can prescribe or do I need to get referral? Am guessing an NHS referral will take a while, any experience?

My private health insurance doesn't cover it so wondering if i need to get a private gynaecologist. Any advice appreciated, thank you.

hoping2018 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:44:56

Sorry not sure how to get hold off but certain gp wouldn't prescribe. Good luck

sourpatchkid Thu 08-Feb-18 23:53:41

Sorry to sound daft but why don't the fertility clinic prescribe it for you?

SomeRandomBird Fri 09-Feb-18 10:51:39

Thanks for the replies, nope my fertility clinic have told me to get a prescription from 'my gynaecologist' but seeing as I don't have one I was wondering where other people got it from. I have tried calling other fertility clinics with no luck so made an appointment with a private gynaecologist. I'm hoping he'll be able to prescribe it and I won't have to pay an extortionate fee!

sourpatchkid Fri 09-Feb-18 21:51:08

Fingers crossed for you - it must be very frustrating for you to have to chase something they've recommended!

430West Fri 16-Feb-18 16:40:57

It's a controlled drug, so you're going to struggle to get a random doctor to prescribe it.

If your clinic are recommending it, why will they not prescribe it for you?

Boiing Thu 22-Feb-18 22:12:39

I’m puzzled - all the doctors at my fertility clinic are gynaecologists. I don’t understand what else they’d be. When I took Ovitrelle it was because we’d suppressed ovulation and Ovitrelle was to make my body release the egg. Not sure what else it’s used for but it’s not something you can just ask a GP for. I’d suggest you find a fertility clinic that has gynaecologists.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: