Talk

Advanced search

Succesful clomid stories?

(12 Posts)
TTCBabyNumberOne Thu 01-Feb-18 13:17:37

Hi everyone,
Im new to this site, so hello.
brief back story, after ttc for the past 2 and half years, my husband and I were finally referred to an infertility clinic.
After man appointments and a failed HSG to see if my tubes were blocked, I have finally been prescribed Clomid 50mg for 6 months.
My question is are there ANY success stories out there? The people that I personally know who have been on these only have negative stories and it's starting to get me down.
We are really depending on this working, as the NHS won't be funding the next step of IVF until they know if my tubes are blocked or not. Unfortunately, as my cervix is at such a angle, the Dr thinks the only way to determine this would be via a laparoscopy, which he said would impose a risk as I am underweight (naturally, I am trying hard to put on that extra 5lbs!!).

Any happy endings or tips would be welcome smile

Thanks xx

minimeplease Thu 01-Feb-18 22:27:00

Hiya,
I have been prescribed the same and I’m awaiting to start - equally nervous and focusing on the risks!
I’d love to hear some success stories too!!

NC1990 Sun 04-Feb-18 20:27:29

I conceived cycle 3 of clomid 50mg, had been trying around 9/10 months previously with very irregular cycles (I have PCO). Resulted in DD who is now 12 weeks old. I didn't experience any side effects. Good luck! It doesn't work for everyone but there are lots of clomid success stories out there.

FluffySavage Sun 04-Feb-18 20:33:25

We got lucky on round 6 of Clomid (50mg) after trying for 1.5 years! Only 9 weeks pregnant at the moment but so far so good. I was told that the blood tests showed I hadn't ovulated that month as well, so was preparing to double my dose the next cycle. The BFP was a bit of a shock.

Just a heads up that Clomid can really screw with your head. I was an angry, hormonal mess for most of the time (but then being on the pill did the same thing...i can't handle excess hormones apparently!)

OhBergine Sun 04-Feb-18 20:37:39

I have a success story! Didn't have a period for 5 years, conceived DD on second month of 50mg!

OhBergine Sun 04-Feb-18 20:38:36

Also - just wanted to agree with fluffy. Clomid made me feel absolutely crazy for about 2 weeks of each month I took it.

minimeplease Mon 05-Feb-18 00:51:49

I’m due to start taking it tomorrow... wish me luck, or probably my hubs that needs the luck! Xx

NoseringGirl Tue 06-Feb-18 08:14:33

My DS1 was conceived after 3 cycles of clomid. First cycle was 50mg and I didn't ovulate. Doctor increased it to 100mg on next cycle. I ovulated but didn't get pregnant and then was pregnant on the third cycle.
The clomid made me very emotional but it was worth it.
All the best and be kind to yourself.

MmmMalbec Tue 06-Feb-18 13:42:48

Currently got a 5 month old clomid baby asleep on my knee! First round of 50mg and no side effects!

minimeplease Tue 06-Feb-18 18:21:46

Ah brilliant. I took my first tablets today. I’ve been prescribed 100mg straight away. Has anyone else had this?

brighteryear Wed 07-Feb-18 21:56:12

I’ve been prescribed 100mg straight away too @minime. I’m currently on cd10 of my first cycle and I haven’t had too many side effects.

minimeplease Thu 08-Feb-18 09:12:28

I’m only on CD3 so I haven’t really noticed anything different other than the usual period symptoms! I’m guessing it’s all to come when I hopefully start ovulating blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: