Talk

Advanced search

Starting IVF

(15 Posts)
Kjackson02 Thu 25-Jan-18 07:46:43

Hi, my and my OH have been trying for a baby for 18 months and we have decided to go private and have IVF as my OH has mild male factor infertility and the NHS won't give us funding for another 18 months, so due to the heartbreak and upset it causes each month we are paying privately. We are due to start our treatment in Feb and I feel really excited is it normal to feel excited or should I not be feeling like this? Has anyone had any first time success with IVF we are also have ICSI as well. X

Katy2018 Thu 25-Jan-18 07:59:32

Hi Kjackson02,
same situation.... we'll start in Feb.
It's lot of information to take in and for some people can be overwhelming, I think it's quite good your positive attitude.
I also feel positive about this journey: fingers crossed and let's hope for the best!
smile

notanaturalmum Thu 25-Jan-18 08:18:51

We did ICSI and it worked first time.
Good luck.
If you're going private, I expect things will happen really quickly.
We were NHS so it took a while but looking back it wasn't all that bad.
First appt was Jan. Started jabs in August. Baby created early October and born in June.
Be prepared for minor bumps e.g. You might not respond as expected to the drugs so things may need tweaking as you go. And there's lots of add ons that you can consider to potentially improve your chances too.
All the best.

Kjackson02 Thu 25-Jan-18 10:51:26

@Katy2018 good luck Katy fingers crossed for you, perhaps we can chat about our journeys on here? It's so good to be able to talk to people about this who understand your situation! @notanaturalmum congratulations on your baby, the NHS isn't bad just very slow and I'm not the most patient person when I want movement on things, when you say tweeks what do you mean? X

notanaturalmum Thu 25-Jan-18 12:04:01

Nothing bad - different drugs, or a higher dose. It could be anything it depends on your situation and how your body responds to the drugs initially.
They might make you do tests repeatedly so they can see a trend.
I guess I'm saying that not everything is black and white when it comes to fertility.
Ultimately though, they are the experts and will have your best interests at heart.

Kjackson02 Thu 25-Jan-18 12:10:28

@notanaturalmum to be fair they have been so great so far and really on the ball and helpful, I guess everyone just wants it to work first time don't they, but if it doesn't at least they will no what to change for the second go

notanaturalmum Thu 25-Jan-18 12:20:49

Just to be clear to anybody who thinks I'm NHS bashing.
The "while" I'm referring to is the 2.5 years beforehand not from the Jan till August. Once we were in the IVF pathway it was fine.

Katy2018 Thu 25-Jan-18 17:56:25

Kjackson02, we can definitely chat about it!!!!!
star

Dia12 Fri 26-Jan-18 14:15:10

Hi guys, if all being well, I’m also due to start ICSI in Feb too.

We have been TTC for over a year and my husband SA turned out to be low across most of the parameters. Since then he’s had surgery on his varicocele, improved his diet and taking Proxeed but not success in getting pregnant naturally.

I’m feeling positive and excited about starting ICSI, I know the stats and risks but it’s a start!

I’ve been told to call the clinic on day 1 of my menstural cycle in Feb and the meds will begin around day 21.
But what concerns me is what if (by some miracle) I’ve already conceived by day 21? Will they test for pregnancy before administration of meds?

feverxo Thu 01-Feb-18 16:52:55

hey, there kjackson02! I Don't know why but I'm hyped for you, mostly the reason being is I think I might be going for IVF I'm not sure right now because I'm just too scared of what might the future hold. You see I was in a car accident and now have a disc in my pelvis. I don't want to get into much detail about it but I lost my first child due to this accident and the doctor told me I couldn't conceive a child again normally. I am not sure whether I completely infertile now or whether IVF can help me or not. haha like I said I'm just too scared to go out and find out on my own. For assurance, sake are there other methods? I mean like IVF who start the stimulation for you I would really love to know more about them. If you guys have any sort of information about it please help a sister out. thank you so much and all the best luck. I just know you are gonna have the cutest baby ever.Wish me luck too guys take care lots of love and hugs.

Kjackson02 Thu 01-Feb-18 19:19:18

Hi, I have no idea if they test you before they start the meds' as I have been told to call day 1 of my period and they start the meds day 2. I went for a Hycosy yesterday but they couldn't get the catheter in and to be fair it was painful I couldn't stand it but the doctor said they don't need the Hycosy for IVF so they would just leave it for now. Awww

Kjackson02 Thu 01-Feb-18 19:21:02

Sorry posted too early! I was going to say you should definitely find out if you can still conceive I couldn't cope with not knowing! The thought of having a baby is just too exciting! Sorry to here about your accident though. Xx

ShirleyT12 Sat 10-Feb-18 06:25:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TammySwanson Sat 10-Feb-18 07:43:27

To the surprise of nobody, ShirleyT12 is also spamming the Surrogacy boards with her own gibberish miracle story! Another spam from the unethical, unregulated and all over shitty Ukrainian clinic.

EarlGreyT Sat 10-Feb-18 10:41:25

As is feverxo who has already had several spam posts deleted

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: