Talk

Advanced search

IVF experts - qu about building lining

(14 Posts)
geeup Tue 12-Dec-17 14:53:01

I'm downregging on buserlin, preparing for a FET in early Jan. Have had my period/break through bleed and have my baseline scan on Friday to check ovaries are quiet and lining thin. Will I only start building my lining when they start me on the oestrogen tablets in two weeks or will it start now because my period is finished? Wondering when to start the beetroot/Pom juice/socks on malarkey that seemed to help me build lining on my fresh cycles. Thanks!

JoJoSM2 Tue 12-Dec-17 15:24:22

You can start that now. It's just a bunch of nutrients that you might as well put into your body.

geeup Tue 12-Dec-17 15:58:22

Ok thanks. Was worried I'd get the lining too thick too soon but that's probably silly...

JoJoSM2 Tue 12-Dec-17 16:24:17

Have you got any reason to believe that your lining would get too thick? Have you ever had very thick lining?

Also, it's actually pretty controversial whether it can be too thick. Some studies report that fat linings of over 16mm have the best success rates whilst other say they start getting less successful when they get that thick. The average is 11-12mm so that's a long way to go.

geeup Wed 13-Dec-17 08:14:40

My lining for fresh cycles was around 12mm both times. No need to think it'd get too thick except I'll have longer for it to develop I guess

JoJoSM2 Wed 13-Dec-17 08:30:15

My lining was a lot thinner on a FET. On the fresh cycle it was 16mm and on the FET it was only 6.5 or something so they doubled my pills. When it finally crept up to 7.7, I had the transfer but that was a bit of extra stimming. My case was pretty extreme but on a fresh cycle you have much higher estradiol levels so the lining is likely to be better than on a FET generally.

geeup Wed 13-Dec-17 12:10:07

Good to know thanks. Will get on the beetroot and Pom juice!

BeHereNow31 Wed 13-Dec-17 18:28:08

My lining was only 6.9mm for fresh and a little lower for FET. After seeing your thickness I’m trying not to panic! The doc felt anything over 6mm was ok.
Thought about trying the Pom juice etc, but not sure it would do anything...
good luck with your cycle 12mm sounds like a good thickness anyway! X

geeup Wed 13-Dec-17 20:30:06

I have no idea what built up my lining as I did Pom juice and beetroot both times. Now I'm too scared not too!

Foodylicious Wed 13-Dec-17 21:01:33

Hi there
Is there anything else that might help with lining?
How much beetroot and pom juice do you need?

Thanks biscuit

BeHereNow31 Wed 13-Dec-17 21:26:15

How much beetroot and Pom juice didn’t you have geeup? I might try it, just out of curiosity. lol.

Foody, I’ve read that using a hot water bottle in that area helps, and lying on your back with legs up against the wall. I didn’t try anything last cycle. I’m not sure I believe it. But would try just to see!

geeup Wed 13-Dec-17 22:35:11

It's probably all nonsense but I try and drink a small glass of Pom juice and a portion of beetroot each day. I also tried the hot water bottle thing - just 20 mins with it warm not boiling against my back each day. Who knows if it does anything but won't hurt!

BeHereNow31 Thu 14-Dec-17 07:38:32

Thanks geeup. Your lining was thick, so it may have worked for you. After 2 failed transfers, it’s prob worth a go for me!
Good luck

geeup Thu 14-Dec-17 08:09:40

Good luck! I hope it works for you. A lot of people believe Acupuncture helps blood flow too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: