Talk

Advanced search

Clomid stories please!!!

(21 Posts)
Emily100889 Mon 11-Dec-17 19:42:08

Evening smile

So today I officially joined the Clomid club. Day 21 blood came back as progesterone 30 which our dr Says is a little too low.
I’m been put on 50mg of Clomid from day 2-6 of my cycle. Iv got 3 months worth then going back for a review.

Has anyone has any success on a similar dose? And also, what progesterone level should I be aiming for on day 21?

Thanks smile
Emily

NC1990 Tue 12-Dec-17 02:33:56

Yes I was also put on Clomid 50mg, I conceived on month 3 and now have a lovely DD. I believe my progesterone level was 62 or thereabouts.

Emily100889 Tue 12-Dec-17 06:49:52

Thanks for your reply NC.

Firstly congratulations smile

Was the 62 level before you went on the Clomid or afterwards?

NC1990 Tue 12-Dec-17 14:10:21

Thanks smile the 62 was my level the first month I was on clomid.

Emily100889 Tue 12-Dec-17 16:50:42

Do you kinda me asking what it was before the Clomid?

I don’t know ‘above what number’ I’m aiming for! hmm

Dolwar Thu 14-Dec-17 22:49:41

Emily I had the same conversation with my gp today. My d23 progesterone was only 12 which is definitely low. It's too late to start Clomid this cycle so I'll start it next cycle but I think she mentioned a dose of 150 which is higher than you. Apparently it works in approx 80% of people

missmapp Thu 14-Dec-17 22:53:26

I took 50mg of clo mid for 6 months. The result is now a wonderful 12 year old . It was my last cycle that worked, just as I was giving up.

Good luck

Emily100889 Fri 15-Dec-17 10:48:12

Good luck Dolwar, hopefully BFP for both of us!

I have had no side effects so far so it seems way enough to take. Just had my last tablet for this round today smile
Hopefully my day 21 result will be higher now.

Hortonlovesahoo Sun 17-Dec-17 18:06:06

I’ve been on clomid twice. First time I conceived at 50mcg and the second took over 7 months and finally 150mcg before I could get a viable egg.

It all depends!

Emily100889 Mon 18-Dec-17 07:25:38

How long did it take on the 50 Horton?

I’m on CD 9 so finished my first round. My hormones are CRAZY! I cried four times yesterday. Ha ha.

Do you remember your progesterone numbers by any chance?

FrenchArtiste Mon 18-Dec-17 13:57:20

Last round of 150mg is 9 weeks old

aabidah86 Tue 19-Dec-17 15:28:28

I was prescribed Clomid 50mg and got pregnant on my second round, I am now 32 weeks pregnant. I never had my progesterone level measured though so cant help you there! x

Emily100889 Tue 19-Dec-17 16:21:54

Aabida, congrats on falling pregnant so early on using Clomid! were you ovulating before you took the Clomid? I already sometimes ovulate but apparently Clomid will make this more consistent x

aabidah86 Tue 19-Dec-17 16:39:27

So here's the long story...

I have PCOS and got diagnosed at 17 (I'm 31 now) I've never ever had regular periods in my life - maybe one or two a year at best. I was taking metformin 3x a day for a few years from 2015 until I got pregnant, which really helped with weight loss and managing PCOS symptoms but didn't make my cycles regular.

In April/May 2016 I started Clomid and took two rounds but didn't get pregnant and decided to stop trying as I was in a bit of a transition at work.

I had to take norethisterone to prompt a bleed prior to taking Clomid day 2 of AF. HOWEVER, because of some medical wizadry the Clomid somehow "kick started" my ovaries and I began to have regular periods literally 28-32 day cycles for a whole year until I decided to take Clomid again April 2017 this year. By May I was pregnant.

I'm not sure if I was ovulating during the year I had regular periods as my hubs and I were having unprotected sex and I didn't get pregnant - however we were long-distance due to my work so only seeing each other one weekend a month. (hence why I stopped the clomid as didn't want to waste it!) So not sure if I was ovulating or not.

Pickle0 Wed 03-Jan-18 21:54:41

I am currently on metformin 3x a day. Nothings happened, nothing at all has changed scince I started taking it in October. Meant to be using it for 6 months then going back to GP but tempted to back earlier and ask for clomid!! What had you all done up to the point you was offered clomid? Had you tried metformin or something else before or did you just go straight in for the clomid? It was never suggested for me, I had been back and forth to GP for a while for lots of blood tests, and a transvaginal scan at the hospital which finally confirmed PCOS... GP mentioned a few things, one being metformin, another to take the pill and then stop taking it to trick a period into coming, and the other was laser on the ovaries!!! What!!! So I took the metformin option but it's doing nothing and it's making me sad sad

Motherhood123 Tue 03-Apr-18 20:06:43

Hi all. This is my first time using mumsnet. Sorry for gate crashing and i hope i could get some help here.

I recently had an appointment with fertility clinic (feb 2018) at Salford royal hospital. The consultant said my bmi is 32 and i need to loose 7kg in 8 weeks. I've only lost 5kg with metformin 500mg x2 and have got another 1 and half weeks left to loose 7kg altogether.

Just wondering if the consultant is just going to brush me off and tell me to go away and loose more weight. Or do you think he will say my bmi is below 30 so now i could start clomid. Or do you guys think he will make me do hycosy. Husband and i have done all tests such as bloods cd2 and cd21, seaman analysis, and scans.

I have so many questions and just going crazy looking through different posts.

I was 86kg now im 81kg and my height is 5.5ft so my bmi is 29 now. We have been trying since jan 2017 and just feel like its been too long. Any advise would be useful. Thank you.

Emily100889 Wed 04-Apr-18 15:11:47

Hi Motherhood,

I don’t have much experience with metformin but I am on my 5th round of Clomid and have lots of experience with that!
My fertility dr made me do a hycosy before he gave me Clomid, because it was all clear he gave me 6 months worth.
It’s worked very well and I ovulate every time, just not getting pregnant.
I was slightly the other way with my weight, I was under my BMI. They told me to put on weight but gave me the Clomid anyway. Clomid does make you gain weight, I have gained half a stone in 5 months but for me that was a good thing.
Basically what I’m saying was that my dr wasn’t that strict about weight - it was mentioned but because I was nearly average they gave me the meds anyway xx

Hedgehuggy Wed 04-Apr-18 16:40:22

I have an appt at the docs next week, have been taking metformin and it may have been regulating my cycles from cycles 152 days down to 50 days at the moment, only had 4 in the last year. The success stories on clomid are so positive but I know I am overweight so everything will be put on hold until I can get it sad

Tweetypie95 Wed 18-Apr-18 13:12:02

I was on 50mg for 5 months ... I was incredibly lucky to get zero side effects from it.

I did however only ovulate every other month. So I fell pregnant on the 3rd time of it working.

I found the month I actually got pregnant we had sex a couple days earlier than normal and I think I was ovulating earlier than expected so missed it the first few times (something to bare in mind!).

I'm now 6 months pregnant and haven't taken this pregnancy for granted for one minute.

Good luck!!

Emily100889 Wed 18-Apr-18 14:55:06

Tweetypie, did you use opks to track ovulation?

I get a positive opk on CD 14 every single month.

Did you feel any different in the TWW your positive round?

Thankyou for replying smile

Tweetypie95 Mon 23-Apr-18 16:08:37

Hi Op,

I did try for a while but I am unsure of how useful they were. I used the cheap ones I think they maybe worked but I was never 100% so just stopped as I feel it was adding to the stress.

Well for some reason I didn't think I was going to ovulate. I don't know why. So I said to my partner, lets just not bother trying this month. (We were beginning the process of buying our 1st house and had a trip away planned the following month) so we weren't going to let it get to us if this month ovulation didn't happen.

Normally I know I have ovulated as my boobs become really sore. Then a lot later on in my cycle (thinking I had not ovulated) my boobs became sore. I had no appetite (but no sickness) ... I also got some mild cramping ... Normally I don't get cramping until AF has been there a few days.

I think the further time went on in my cycle I just felt different. I think deep down I knew but I was always convincing myself otherwise.

How are you getting on?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: