Talk

Advanced search

Sample In 1 Hour?!

(7 Posts)
TryingInBerks Thu 30-Nov-17 17:17:25

Hi everyone
This is my first post so excuse me if I get anything wrong. My partner needs to make an appointment to get his sample to the hospital for testing but you only have 1 hour to get it there!! The hospital is a good 40 minutes away up the motorway.
Does anyone have any stories of how they did it?
There's no area in the hospital to 'produce' the sample....any advice?
Thank you for reading
X

Ilikesweetpeas Thu 30-Nov-17 17:22:47

We were told to wrap the pot in foil to insulate it and to drive with the pot kept somewhere warm!!

TheCatsPaws Sat 02-Dec-17 11:33:58

This is probably going to sound disgusting, but he did it on site. His GP told him to “find a disabled loo” hmm

JoJoSM2 Sat 02-Dec-17 21:53:13

DH only ever did samples on-site in dignified conditions. However, are there any other venues you can choose from? A loo in the hospital sounds like a good option for having a fresh sample but could be stressful and unpleasant for your partner. Especially given that he should stimulate for 10-15 before ejaculation.
Alternatively, is there a hotel near the hospital or would you pay to do the sample privately? He would get a nice, clean, quiet room for that.
If none of the above is an option, then I’d probably choose the least busy time of the day, do it at home, keep the sample temperature steady and drive to the hospital as quickly as possible.

Isthismummy Mon 04-Dec-17 19:24:28

I've never heard the 10-15 minutes thing before! I had no idea.

DH last sample that we've had frozen was produced before I'd even picked up a magazine in the waiting room. He says he doesn't like to linger over such a grim taskgrin

Rememberallball Mon 04-Dec-17 22:34:35

We were told we had to provide sample within 30 minutes of producing it (and live 30/60 minutes away from the hospital on a good/bad day traffic wise!!) and no facilities on site to use for those purposes!!

We made an appointment for a time least likely to be busy on the roads, got sample at latest possible moment and travelled straight to hospital with it in a bag in my jeans pocket to keep it at a reasonable temperature. Must have been ok as results were excellent!!

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 05-Dec-17 15:48:40

Surprised there isn’t a room at the hospital /clinic but tbh a disabled loo and mag works well

Or

Do at home and place in pot they give you and tuck down trousers to keep at body temp

We have done both methods and both showed good sperm activity

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now