Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Blood tests fab etc

(7 Posts)
Foodylicious Tue 14-Nov-17 18:24:27

Hi, I've posted this on the conception page too, hope that's ok.

Can someone please talk me through FSH levels? Not sure how they change over the cycle.

Been ttc for 10 months, have one LO who is 3.5yrs. Took 17 months to conceive first time then had a mc. Then got pg with our LB a few months later.
Had a very early mc/ CP 11 month ago.

I have had some bloods done.
21 day progesterone was 30, which they tell me is ok.

Unfortunately I have had the others done on CD 8 instead of the the recommended CD 5.

FSH 9.1
LH 5
Prolactin 78
Oestradiol 211

Thanks!

physicskate Tue 14-Nov-17 18:45:38

So unfortunately those results are meaningless... they need to be done cd 3-5. Any other time and the margin of normal widens considerably...

Foodylicious Tue 14-Nov-17 18:56:13

Thought they might, but wondered if they gave an indication.
Will get them done again

Foodylicious Tue 14-Nov-17 19:26:22

Is there someone thst can talk me through the tests and what the normal/abnormal levels mean?
Thanks star

JoJoSM2 Tue 14-Nov-17 19:50:22

As Physicskate says, these tests get done sooner go establish the base line. However, your FSH looks very good for cd8 as presumably it would be much lower earlier on. I think your prolactin looks too high but I’m not a doctor. Do you have short luteal phase or don’t always ovulate? I think that could happen with raised prolactin.

Foodylicious Tue 14-Nov-17 20:04:38

I get pos opk (clearblue duel digi) every month, luteal has always been a bit on the short side, usually about 11 -12 days.
I'm 'still' breastfeeding most days morning and night.
Periods have been back since 15 months.

JoJoSM2 Tue 14-Nov-17 20:08:26

The prolactin makes sense if you’re breastfeeding. I suppose your doctor will have a view whether that gets in the way of conception as it can throw hormones out of whack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now