Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone give any advice on this blood test? Estradiol seems low

(9 Posts)
TheCatsPaws Mon 13-Nov-17 18:41:55

Had bloods done. Estradiol says <92. My lab reference says 92-1000 (not sure of the exact number I lost the printout but it’s around that) and it’s ppoml.

This is low isn’t it? I have very light periods. I know I ovulate because my issue is recurrent miscarriage.

Can anyone advise? I’m finding conflicting info.

JoJoSM2 Mon 13-Nov-17 20:54:18

Closephine has got an estradiol thread. I posted some diagrams on there but haven't got them to hand so have look there (thread from today).

I don't know about miscarriages and estradiol levels but I've had a FET and I'm on 12mg of estradiol valerate a day so it can be medically adjusted.

closephine85 Mon 13-Nov-17 21:17:06

I’m not sure I can really help but I have had similar today. My GP called me and said my estradiol was 91 and they ideally like it at least 100. Mine was taken day 3 and I don’t know what it was measured in so google hasn’t been much help. I’m hoping to speak to my fertility consultant tomorrow to find out more! sad

TheCatsPaws Mon 13-Nov-17 21:18:46

Google hasn’t helped me much either. I’m panicking about this. Have you had miscarriages as well? I’m worried this has been causing them sad

EarlGreyT Mon 13-Nov-17 21:24:08

I think interpretation of the result depends on what day of your cycle the test was done and also on the FSH level done at the same time. Without this information no one can give you any accurate advice I’m afraid.

TheCatsPaws Mon 13-Nov-17 21:26:52

Day 2. FSH 6.4 LH 3.5

closephine85 Mon 13-Nov-17 21:27:19

We have a six year old and have been ttc number 2 for four years and until September not a sniff of a bfp then I had a very early miscarriage/chemical after our FET. It also seems to look as though my progesterone may be a bit too high pre ovulation as well. I’m wondering if the two go together somehow. I can let you know if I find out anything tomorrow.

Sorry about your miscarriages sad perhaps though if this is a problem they can fix it for you. Maybe it’s a good thing to find the cause?

TheCatsPaws Mon 13-Nov-17 21:41:55

I have one DS. Sorry to hear about that, it’s horrible. I’ve had one miscarriage and one chemical/early, possibly a second one too. I don’t seem to struggle to conceive I just don’t seem to get any sticky ones sad

I haven’t had progesterone tested apart from in one of my pregnancies. It was 40 at 5 weeks and 34 2 days after, I was told this was fine, but I miscarried.

That’s what I’m hoping, that they can find it!

EarlGreyT Mon 13-Nov-17 21:56:46

I think it’s normal. Your results suggest normal ovarian reserve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now