Talk

Advanced search

Aqua scan

(11 Posts)
Newmumonmatleave Mon 13-Nov-17 15:53:39

Hello.
I’m new to this and so not sure if I have done this right - sorry if this isn’t in the right place.

Does anyone know where I can get a 3D aqua scan done up north? Ie sheffield or leeds or near?
I believe it’s also called 3D SIS
I saw a post somewhere else that said Manchester Fertility but called them today (even though it is 2 hours away from me) and they said they don’t do it.

None of the clinics I am calling seem to know what I’m talking about!

Thanks for any help!!

JoJoSM2 Mon 13-Nov-17 17:15:46

I think you just mean an HCG to check of your tubes are clear?

EarlGreyT Tue 14-Nov-17 07:24:16

I think you’re referring to a Hystero Contrast Sonography (HyCoSy). If you call the clinics and refer to it by this name you might have more success. I’m not really sure about the 3D aspect though.

JoJoSM2 Tue 14-Nov-17 09:06:30

Sorry, that’s the thing I meant too. Pretty much everyone should offer it.

Newmumonmatleave Tue 14-Nov-17 15:02:03

Thanks so much for the replies.
It’s not a Hycosy, I’ve had that before, it’s basically a really in depth ultrasound to look at the womb they said - saline infusion sonohysterography? And my clinic wants it in 3D hmm

RubyBoots7 Tue 14-Nov-17 16:48:33

Hmmmn I had something that sounds like this at my IVF clinic, with liquid put in via a catheter through the cervix and a scan to check uterus walls, see if any growths, etc. Wasn't called an aqua scan though. I don't recall it even having a name? Thought it was just a normal part of the process?

It was similar to a hycosy in the sense of a catheter and liquid of some form but otherwise different (and in my case a walk in the park compared to hycosy).

Maybe if you're calling it an aqua scan it's confusing people?? I don't know, sorry!

RubyBoots7 Tue 14-Nov-17 16:50:35

Also every scan I've had at the IVF clinic was capable of being in 3D, they would do it in regular ultrasound, then flick a switch and it would come up in 3D. So I'm not sure that bit is especially fancy?

closephine85 Tue 14-Nov-17 18:39:28

A lot of ladies travel out to Serum in Athens to have this done, So perhaps not particularly standard in the uk?

Newmumonmatleave Tue 14-Nov-17 18:57:23

Maybe you are right smile

Newmumonmatleave Tue 14-Nov-17 19:00:54

Thanks for the replies.
I’ve never heard of Serum closephine85, thanks for he heads up.
My clinic is in London but I’ve moved recently up north so they said they are happy for me to get the pre tests done up north before transfer but it’s proving quite difficult. I think my clinic is quite andorward thinking clinic but that also gives them ground to make demands that other people just seem not to do. I can’t imagine everyone has to have this if not many have even heard of it! No wonder it’s costing me lots!! Xx

Newmumonmatleave Tue 14-Nov-17 19:04:55

Sorry *forward thinking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now