Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Diagnostic Laparoscopy

(8 Posts)
kch1991 Wed 01-Nov-17 07:36:48

I am 26 years old - yesterday I had key whole surgery to carry out a Laparoscopy - My consultant suspected tht all my symptoms showed i probably had Endometriosis. I also had ultra sounds that showed a 5x7cam cyst on an ovary. However once they did the procedure they discovered i didnt have either. Infact both my tubes are blocked and I would need them removing. Because of this I was told I would be entitled to free IVF from the NHS. I didnt get to ask all my questions as the consultant decided to tell me all of this when i had just come out of surgery so I wasn't with it. Has anyone else been through this? Can you get a sperm donor in the UK for IVF? I don't have a partner but if they are to remoe my tubes I think I would prefer to go down the IVF route first before they take my tubes away from me?

Hope somone can give me some advice or light on the situation.

Thanks

Hobbes39 Thu 02-Nov-17 18:26:55

Hi kch - I saw your post and didn’t want to read and run, but don’t really have many answers for you. I’m sorry to hear your tubes need to be removed, must be quite a shock. One thing I would say though is that IVF doesn’t require you to have your tubes as they get the eggs straight from your ovaries, so you don’t need to rush into it right now. You are so young, if the blocked tubes are the only issue, you will still have a very good chance of success with IVF in 4/5 years time. You probably already know that, but I was just worried you might be panicking into thinking you need to have it before removing your tubes. Good luck & hope someone else can advise on the sperm donation stuff if you do decide to go down that route. X

SydBound27 Sat 04-Nov-17 12:13:56

Hi I'm due for my laparoscopy on Monday, suspected endometriosis and uterine polyp so was interested to hear your experience. Didn't want to read and run, must be a real shock and hope you find some answers cake

SydBound27 Sat 04-Nov-17 12:13:56

Hi I'm due for my laparoscopy on Monday, suspected endometriosis and uterine polyp so was interested to hear your experience. Didn't want to read and run, must be a real shock and hope you find some answers cake

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 04-Nov-17 13:49:23

Was this operation done under the NHS; if so I would speak to PALS when you are able to do so.

You should have had a follow up appointment ideally a week or so post surgery to discuss the lap findings. I would actually complain about being spoken to when you were presumably in the recovery room post surgery as it is bad practice.

kch1991 Mon 13-Nov-17 16:09:09

Thank you very much for your reply. Have met up with my consultant again and I am getting referred into the ivf waiting list which is 2-3 years smile

Pugmumfornow Tue 14-Nov-17 10:42:48

Hi I am currently recieving ivf on the nhs due to blocked and needed sperm donation so I may be able to help, you will need to contact your CCG to find out if sperm do ration is included or not. I was told it wasn’t so paid, and am now hopefully being reimbursed as the CCG have changed their position. If you need a donor there are a lot oh hoops to jump through, the samples need to be sent to your doctor and the doctor needs to approve the donor before shipment. My clinic recommended the California Cryobank for donors, and they are amazing! All degree educated and you get a lot of info, just make sure you get a up compliant donor. Be aware of the cost of you do need to pay its costs $1000 per vial plus duty and shipping, we bought 5 vials hoping for future children, and it cost us $5600. All HEFA regulates sites will cost around the same x

Pugmumfornow Tue 14-Nov-17 10:44:11

* U.K. compliant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now