Talk

Advanced search

Any experience of high FSH and MFI

(5 Posts)
clairettc Sat 28-Oct-17 14:52:22

Looking for hopefully some positive stories or just someone in a similar boat to share experiences with!.

I’m 31 TTC #1 and we have MFI and my FSH is just under 12 (much higher than it should be for my age so diminished ovarian reserve) . Currently having what feels like the longest wait in the world for my AMH result but we’ve been told we need ICSI IVF but probably now not until January. Obviously due to my high FSH the worry is I won’t respond to stimulation, it’s heartbreaking and totally devastating to think we might not get to fulfil our dreams of having children (who are biologically ours).

I also have an underactive thyroid to muddy the waters further.

Has anyone else had a similar FSH and what were their AMH levels and response to IVF?

Thank you xx

Chattycat78 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:20:20

My fsh was 12 age 34, so older than you. I was told I needed ivf. I got pregnant straight after hearing this news but sadly it was a blighted ovum.

I did ivf a few months later age 35 and yes my response was poor. I only got 2 eggs. However, despite that, I got a bfp anyway with only 1 embryo. Quality is much more important than quantity and at 31, yours will be good.

On an unrelated subject, I got pregnant again naturally rather unexpectedly after one month of trying when the ivf baby was 9 months old.

I now have 2 boys with a 16.5 month gap between them.

Definitely it's not all over for you at your age!

Chattycat78 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:22:08

Oh ps my amh was 2.8. No MFI though so I can't say what influence that might have.

clairettc Sat 28-Oct-17 19:14:39

Hi @Chattycat78, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It’s lovely to hear you now have two lovely boys.

The MFI basically means getting pregnant naturally is very unlikely so IVF is our only option. I agree hopefully at my age quality won’t be a problem but so worried they won’t get any eggs. Also they only find it on the nhs if fsh <12 or AMH >5.4 as chances of success otherwise are so low. So I’m just praying for a >5 but my googling of fsh of 12 seems unlikely.

Thank you again for replying and keeping me optimistic!

X

JoJoSM2 Sun 29-Oct-17 13:52:47

Yhe FSH doesn’t sound great but at least you’re young smile

To increase your chances with treatment, it’d be worth starting supplements and acupuncture ASAP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now