Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation day on clomid?

(6 Posts)
Arual1060 Sat 28-Oct-17 11:30:04

As the subject line says...what day do people tend to ovulate when on clomid?
I'm on my first cycle of 100mg and (probably stupidly) didn't use opks to see when I'm going to ovulate.... I'm now on CD 18 and feel that it probably should have happened by now?! I have had some pain the last few days and now there is a bit of a lower abdominal ache, but I don't know what ovulation pains feel like haha!
Anyone's experience would be very useful as I'm unsure how many days more we should be 'getting on it'!
Also, I have a day 21 blood test on Tuesday so see if I have ovulated. X

physicskate Sat 28-Oct-17 12:03:26

I ovulated cd 15 this cycle (first clomid cycle). I normally ov cd 19-24 ish...

Did they not do ovulation tracking scans?? I had a very positive (the most positive I’ve had) cheaply opk cd 14 and then ov confirmed by scan cd 16 (because I’d had a scan cd 14 so they could see the changes).

JoJoSM2 Sat 28-Oct-17 13:11:20

I’m surprised you haven’t been monitored.

Speaking of ovulation, however, I’ve never felt anything with it.

Arual1060 Sat 28-Oct-17 14:32:52

I was told that scans weren't necessary and to just get on with it! To be honest, it seems having a scan would have made life easier.... I think my clinic are quite relaxed about it

JoJoSM2 Sat 28-Oct-17 14:45:14

What a clinic... The symptoms you describe is what I’d expect with my period around the corner. I know my sister feels ‘a ping’ when she ovulates.

SockQueen Sat 28-Oct-17 14:47:19

First cycle I ovulated around d14, even though on the scan there wasn't an obvious follicle ready at that time. Second cycle I ovulated on d26/7, I think, and conceived almost by accident - thought that we were out of luck, was planning on stopping it for a few cycles to lose weight, but had a "might as well" shag and it stuck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now