Talk

Advanced search

Inofolic supplements PCOS

(16 Posts)
ronswansonstache Mon 23-Oct-17 19:58:03

Has anyone had experience of taking Inofolic supplements for PCOS? My gyno has just recommended I try taking the sachets to help reduce(?) insulin levels.

I was wondering whether the capsules work as well as the sachets?

Also, if anyone has any success stories for these helping to TTC, I'd like to hear them, AF arrived today so I am trudging on into cycle 19 TTC!

physicskate Mon 23-Oct-17 20:00:12

I’m about the same stage as you. I’ve been taking inofolic for about a month. I just started clomid. I’m a healthy bmi but I’ve lost about 4 pounds from taking inofolic. I don’t get so ravenously hungry....

ronswansonstache Mon 23-Oct-17 20:58:03

Thanks Physicskate, are you taking it as sachets or tablets?

My gyno doesn't think Clomid will help me so he's asked me to try naturally for a few more months. I'm 38 this week so it wasn't really the news I wanted to hear! Hope you have some luck soon.

physicskate Mon 23-Oct-17 21:37:35

Sachets. They don't taste like anything. Easy to take.

Not sure about clomid helping you - but it made me ovulate cd 15 when I 'normally' ovulate cd 19-24 ish.

girraffe Tue 24-Oct-17 21:22:44

I've never heard of these... I have pcos and been prescribed metformin. Is it worth looking into this too?

ronswansonstache Tue 24-Oct-17 22:31:08

Hi girraffe I'd never heard of them before either. Apparently they help the body handle insulin better so can help reduce symptoms of PCOS. I've always been ovulating whenever they've tested me so there wasn't really much else he could recommend to me. Won't hurt for me to try them, although if you are on metformin might be worth checking with the docs first to see if there are any supplements to avoid.

girraffe Wed 25-Oct-17 02:17:29

I've done much googling tonight and now plan to look into myo-insitol, CoQ10, methylfolate and cassava blushmay be rattling soon...

ronswansonstache Wed 25-Oct-17 07:37:12

Hah! Have you seen the other conception thread (cant remember the title) on here that has an actual spreadsheet detailing all the supplements people are on?!

I'm also taking ubinquinol 200mg and folic acid, obvs.

Wishing you luck with it!

physicskate Wed 25-Oct-17 10:09:07

Inofolic has myo inositol and folic acid, so it ticks my boxes!!

Also taking: vit d, folic acid, omega 3, vit e, vit c with zinc and ubiquinol.

Have also tried: epo, Maca, raspberry leaf tea, and I’m sure many more that I now can’t remember... it’s been a long 20 months!!

RavingRoo Thu 26-Oct-17 07:02:46

What’s the name of your clinic OP? A bit worried about the quality of the advice you’ve been given because if your insulin levels are a concern then Metformin should be the only option.

ronswansonstache Thu 26-Oct-17 18:45:01

Hi Ravingroo my blood tests came back normal so (I'm guessing) a medical treatment for insulin levels isn't needed. This is just a dietary supplement. I'm not sure if it'll have an effect but I've got nothing to lose really.

It's an NHS gyno clinic in Herts.

girraffe Fri 27-Oct-17 08:47:01

Anyone tried soy isoflavones?? Especially with myo-inositol

physicskate Fri 27-Oct-17 09:29:48

I tried soy isoflavins for 6 months or so. Had a chemical the first month with it. Stopped when they mentioned clomid though...

ronswansonstache Fri 27-Oct-17 15:44:59

I've got a uterine fibroid so that one is not for me as it can make them worse...

peachesarenom Sat 28-Oct-17 15:21:06

ronswansonstache I'm also in Herts. I'm on inofolic! Been on it about 3 weeks. Last cycle I had zero pmt. I think it looks promising. My GP recommended it, said all her gyno colleagues swear by it so defo worth a try. What is ubiniquinol for? I'm just on metformin and inofolic, need to restock vit D!

ronswansonstache Sun 29-Oct-17 13:05:19

Hi peaches got the recommendation for ubiquinol from another poster on MN. It is for general health, helps absorb nutrients into the body & so (reportedly) helps with cell health. Hoping it will help with egg health as I've had two chemicals. I found an article about a Canadian study that it helped conception rates in 'middle aged' mice. I realise I'm probably clutching at straws a bit, but it helps get my head in the right space to think I might be making a difference!

Glad to hear you have heard some positive things about Inofolic - I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: