Talk

Advanced search

Hysteroscope after failed cycle?

(4 Posts)
meadowlark3 Tue 17-Oct-17 20:50:22

Met with consultant today after our first fresh cycle failed, he recommended a hysteroscopy because I told him my periods had been light since miscarriage 12+ months ago. (Mentioned this every step of the way, not sure why we weren't recommended this earlier?)

He said there might be scarring that would decrease chances of success, anyone know more about this? I haven't had any surgeries or infections (apart from one episode of BV.) Was on the pill for many years with no period, is it possible that weakened my endometrium?

meadowlark3 Wed 18-Oct-17 17:45:52

Anyone have any experience with this?

cherryontopp Thu 19-Oct-17 12:15:42

I have no experience of your situation.

I had to have a hysterscopy before my IVF as there was a bulk that showed up in the ultrasound. Consultant said it could have been Adenomyosis, which is tissue and scarring inside the womb.
Your consultant may think your miscarriage might have caused some disruption in your womb - which they can do. You won't know anything until you've had the test. Once your consultant knows the results of the rest they'll go from there.
I worried like mad and the test was clear. Sit tight and wait for the test. They give you the results there and then.
Good luck

meadowlark3 Thu 19-Oct-17 18:04:54

Thank you cherry. Did you have any anaesthesia for the procedure? And do you remember how long it took? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now