Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Starting IVF first time... chat buddies?

(20 Posts)
Sazkia Tue 10-Oct-17 13:16:04

Hello, I'm about to start IVF for the first time. I'm 33yrs old, married and I've been trying to get pregnant for over 3yrs now.

I start my injections (Suprecur) on Friday 13th October. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat & would like to share our experiences, knowledge etc? I'm still confused over the process, & feel very emotional, nervous & scared. (Gosh not even started the meds yet!🤦🏼‍♀️)

Any other advice & support is greatly welcome. Thank you 😊 xx

Lizar Tue 10-Oct-17 18:37:01

Hi there,
I am also 33 and about to embark on my first IVF process.

I also feel relatively unclear/overwhelmed about what’s involved, and have decided to go abroad (currently weighing up clinics in Poland and Czech) mainly due to costs and success rates.

Sounds like you are a step ahead of me- are you getting the treatment in the UK?

RavingRoo Tue 10-Oct-17 18:41:19

I’m late thirties, about to go to my first consultation. Been ttc for 3 years too. Am terrified and anxious and excited all at once confused

Sazkia Tue 10-Oct-17 20:55:33

Hi Lizar, yes I live in uk, so we get a free round of treatment. Where are you from? Yeah it's taken months & months even to get to this stage.

Hi RavingRoo, your not that far behind me, they will give you a start date depending on your cycle dates- injections start day 22.

Well hope we can help each other ladies xx 😘

Lizar Tue 10-Oct-17 21:21:38

I’m in the UK too, but going abroad for quickness and cost. All very daunting, seems like an arduous process for relatively small chances of success :/

Sazkia Tue 10-Oct-17 21:37:08

I never even thought about going abroad. All mine & my husbands tests have come back normal, so going to try here to begin with x

RavingRoo Wed 11-Oct-17 07:14:59

Same Sazkia. The UK has some of the highest live birth rates in Europe so for me it didn’t make sense to look elsewhere.

Sazkia Wed 11-Oct-17 11:46:18

Yes I know, plus I'm pretty sure I can get 2 rounds for free. When is your consultation? Is it your very first one ? Or the one where they teach you how to inject etc?? I start injections Friday & am so scared 🙄🙈😬

RavingRoo Wed 11-Oct-17 15:50:42

This is my first one. So they’ll do the BMI/blood test and follicle test. We only get one free cycle in our area, so lucky you get two!

I heard you can get a nasal spray instead if you hate needles. Not sure if it’s offered on the NHS but might be worthwhile to ask. I def will!

Heatherjune Fri 20-Oct-17 03:39:02

I'm 33 and have had 4 rounds of ivf, also have a science background so happy to answer any specific questions you might have xx

Ema2017 Thu 02-Nov-17 16:31:31

Hi ladies!
I'm just about to start my 1st round also. Just awaiting a confirmation for the appointment to start my treatment. I'm going to the Hewitt facility centre in Liverpool. I'm unsure what to expect really too. They mentioned putting me on a short cycle?im having ICSI as my partner has CF so doesn't produce sperm normally, he's already had his op to remove the sperm which we have been told was successful... Emma xx

CountryCob Thu 02-Nov-17 17:43:38

Hello 👋 we have just gone to our first consultation aiming for icis I think it is - the injection method, over dec/ jan. Was toying with avoiding Christmas fertility treatment but is a good time as slower at work, have had chlomid before but was unsuccessful and upsetting so not looking forward to this! Would love another child though, we have been trying for 8 years and are lucky enough to have one but no more are likely without help, my dad died last year and spending inheritance on fertility treatment think he would agree that is a good cause, going to care fertility in Nottingham nice to be able to speak to others going through it over the Internet!

CountryCob Thu 02-Nov-17 17:44:19

Should say am 37

Ema2017 Thu 02-Nov-17 17:56:28

Hi 👋🏼
We are probably going to start around the same time then! I'm just awaiting confirmation of an appointment in the next week or so to sign all the consent forms. I'm currently on day 31 of my cycle and normally have periods every 27/28 days but think with all the stress and worry Iv gone over but either way I'll miss this months so I'd assume to start next month as they said I don't have any wait which is good. They did say the labs close for 2 weeks over xmas though but I'm not sure from what date exactly. It's such a long process, we have been waiting 10/11 months but finally we have funding etc and everything seems to be making more sense now.
I'm having ICSI too! X

E2017 Sun 05-Nov-17 23:10:20

Hi, I’m 28 and just starting first round of IVF (ICSI short protocol) Finished Norethisterone on Friday. Likely to be having first scan and possibly start injections in the next couple of days. Not sure how I feel at the second scared/ nervous/ excited I think!

CountryCob Thu 09-Nov-17 17:09:58

How is everyone doing? I am waiting for period and secretly hoping have got pregnant this time as with each month but especially to get out of ivf! Extremely unlikely though! Hope you all are coping with the strain xx

Madelein Sun 12-Nov-17 04:59:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Isla87 Mon 13-Nov-17 00:28:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

EarlGreyT Mon 13-Nov-17 08:05:03

Isla please go away with your advertising. They’re not good there, they’re as dodgy as hell which is why people like you troll these threads pretending to be patients of the clinic in order to advertise them.

On another thread you’ve apparently had the treatment in the Ukraine, so you’re not even advertising well since you can’t keep your fake story consistent.

Hopefullywaiting Sun 19-Nov-17 19:14:27

Hi there
I am due to go to my first consultation (?) appointment for ivf early this week.

Will have testing in the morning: SA and scanning and pre registration then results and consultation in the afternoon.

Im 31 (soon to be 32) and this will be me and my husbands first attempt at ivf and only attempt ,as only funded for 1 one round in my area.

Hoping for advice on what to expect and /or hand holding through the process.
Good luck to all you ladies on here smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now