Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeefing and IVF

(3 Posts)
tearsofpearl Sun 08-Oct-17 20:23:00

Hi all!

We have one child child conceived via IVF and are now starting to feel ready to try for a second. We have got two in the freezer so will not do a full IVF this time (assuming the “defrosting” is successful confused)

Now to our dilemma. I’m still breastfeeding! Not much anymore but to put him to sleep and to get him back to sleep when he wakes during the night. Our clinic advises to stop bf altogether first but I don’t feel that he’s going to be able to let go of the breast anytime soon (really hard to get him to sleep, always has been).

Anyone who has tried FET while still breastfeeding?

stealthbanana Mon 09-Oct-17 18:00:50

No advice but wondering what the answer is - not because I'm ready to go again good god no but because DS seems to be a stubborn breastfeeder and I can see this being our issue down the track.

Do you have your period back?

Rudedog Mon 09-Oct-17 18:03:23

I think it's all about giving yourself the best chance possible. So even though BF shouldn't make a difference, it might - so it's probably why they have suggested stopping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now