Talk

Advanced search

Lubion or Cyclogest for FET?

(11 Posts)
Clickncollect Wed 04-Oct-17 22:18:33

Hi All
I am about to start an FET as I have 2 embryos left on ice.
I have a 16 month old DS from my previous FET which was NHS so my progesterone medication was the good old Cyclogest suppositories. However, my clinic called me today to organise medication and they gave me the option of Lubion injections instead of a Cyclogest suppositories as I am self funding this time.
I'm unsure which to go for - Cyclogest was fine last time and my FET worked so I am hesitant to change tact (although my first transfer in my fresh cycle didn't work so...) However, I understand lubion is more expensive and absorbs better.
Does anyone have any experience of both or any thoughts on what you would do in my situation please?
Many thanks

Scottishgirl85 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:24:50

I spent time researching this and concluded that pessaries are just as effective. Especially as you had success last time personally I would save the money. Lubion is at least five times more expensive, and I don't know about you but I'm on pessaries for 3 months (successful fet so far, I'm on utrogestan) so Lubion would rack up a huge bill!
Good luck!

Clickncollect Thu 05-Oct-17 07:28:47

Thanks for the reply @Scottishgirl85 I've seen a few chats by you on the boards and you always give good, thoughtful advice. I've slept on it and agree with you - Cyclogest was fine so if it's not broke don't fix it!
Congratulations on your pregnancy! How far along are you?

JoJoSM2 Thu 05-Oct-17 12:00:31

My clinic also uses Cyclogest.

Scottishgirl85 Thu 05-Oct-17 19:39:30

Thank you! Nearly 11 weeks now and winding down the medication gradually which is terrifying! Wishing you all the best for your fet x

RubyBoots7 Thu 05-Oct-17 21:37:08

I've had both but at the same time so can't help to distinguish, sorry!

In fact I had so much progesterone I was drowning in the stuff (lentogest, cyclogest, crinone, lubion, prognova, utrogestan).
And that was NHS!!

I would go twice a day bum fizzers over twice a day tummy jabs any time though out of choice! Esp if you have blood thinners. That's a lot of bruises!

Good luck and I hope you get a second bub out of it!

Clickncollect Sat 07-Oct-17 10:50:00

Thanks for the responses - I was all set to say Cyclogest, rang the nurses back and now I'm undecided again! The nurse knew her stuff and we discussed it in detail and her recommendation is that I take Lubion for two weeks after embryo transfer (assuming my Frostie thaws ok) and two weeks after if I get pregnant then switch to Cyclogest. So I'm thinking about it over the weekend.

On a separate note, I'm having trouble trying to get the endometrial scratch anywhere! I had it during my FET that worked, but not my fresh cycle. I was part of a trial at my clinic and I'm not eligible this time, which is fair enough. However, doctor said if I want to source it elsewhere then that's up to me.
So I contacted a load of clinics and found a few that would do it but they all want at least a letter from my clinic to confirm when I would need the scratch. I provided my protocol statement but that wasn't enough so they said they'd settle for a one line email from my clinic. Who have said no!!
It's so frustrating - I just want the same protocol as previously and I'm more than happy to pay but my clinic don't want to get involved.
So if this FET doesn't work then I am automatically going to think it's because I didn't have the scratch.
Sorry, that turned into a bit of a rant!

Scottishgirl85 Sat 07-Oct-17 12:07:25

That's annoying that the nurse has put doubt in your mind! To be be honest I'd be worried about switching, as your progesterone could take a dip at a crucial time. But they're the experts!
Where are you based? I had the scratch done privately and found two places who would do it, no letter required.

Clickncollect Sat 07-Oct-17 13:38:59

It's so hard to decide! I just hate the thought of what ifs afterwards.
I'm in Essex so anywhere Essex/London ideally if you know anywhere please? I use the fertility friendd website and some lovely ladies there have recommended two clinics that didn't require paperwork for a scratch so I've left voicemails for them.

Scottishgirl85 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:35:13

Amanda Tozer in London. I went to one in Milton Keynes in the end as Amanda was on holiday when I needed the procedure. Good luck x

Clickncollect Sat 07-Oct-17 14:38:04

Ah that's brilliant thank you - Amanda Tozer is one of the clinics that the Fertility Friends ladies recommended so I've left her a message. I'm starting to feel like the scratch might happen now!

When is your 12 week scan? The wait for that is sheer torture, isn't it?! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now