Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have endometriosis?

(6 Posts)
catlover1987 Wed 04-Oct-17 21:07:41

I think I might. I have most of the symptoms. Have my first appointment at the fertility clinic in a few weeks so going to mention it then.

My period pain was so bad this morning that I vomited and then fainted in the street. I’ve felt horrific all day and had to call in sick to work. Can’t go on like this every month.

DizzyMerry11 Fri 06-Oct-17 09:55:14

I have it. It was diagnosed when we were having fertility problems a few years ago. I had a diagnostic laparoscopy and then another op to remove the endo. My symptoms weren't as bad as yours but I remember the pain, light headedness, exhaustion and heavy periods.

Definitely bring it up at your appointment and it should be investigated via a lap.

Hope things improve for you flowers

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 06-Oct-17 10:15:52

Do mention this to the fertility clinic. If you do not already do so I would also keep a daily pain and symptom diary as this will also help the gynaecologist.

Like DizzyMerry my endometriosis was diagnosed only when having fertility treatment. I had laparoscopic type surgery to remove the endometriosis deposits. My symptoms included severe pain up to and including menses and this also affected my legs (sciatic nerve pain) and rectal area (the quaintly named on here javelin arse). I also felt sick on numerous occasions and had to lie down. I found that painkillers did not touch the sides of the pain; the usual treatment for me was a hot water bottle on my pelvic area and that did not always work either.

This is also a good website :-

www.endometriosis-uk.org/

Nowwhyareyoucrying Fri 06-Oct-17 18:28:10

Your symptoms sound very similar to mine, and I have been diagnosed with endometriosis. It's horrible and you have my sympathy!!

As a pp said...pain before and during af which isn't touched by regular pain relief, javelin arse, vomiting, fainting and diarrhoea are among many lovely symptoms I've experienced. It can only really be diagnosed by a laparoscopy or similar surgery (not by scans which some drs can try to fob you off with). They can then laser any off there and then if they find it, unless it's very severe in which case you may need further surgery. It does grow back but there are a few prescription pain medications once you are diagnosed if the pain continues. I find that starting to take regular paracetamol/ibuprofen about two days before af is due really helps me. Also there often isn't a correlation between symptoms and severity, I had quite severe symptoms and apparently a fairly mild case. So try not to worry!

Also I am currently pregnant through ivf after many years of unexplained fertility (which may or may not have been influenced by endometriosis), so stay positive grin and good luck!

catlover1987 Tue 10-Oct-17 14:02:58

Thank you all all. Sorry, I forgot to look back to see if anyone had replied. I actually have private medical through work so I have a telephone consultation with my GP next week to see if they'll make a referral for me. I'm also going to mention it at my fertility clinic appointment. I've since found out that the condition runs in my family so it's a good indicator that this may be what's wrong. My GP has not been helpful at all and insists I have IBS but I am certain that she's wrong as, although I do have bowel problems, I also have pelvic pain which is not accompanied by this and it's much worse around the time of my period. Thanks again for the replies and advice.

Sarah1087 Tue 10-Oct-17 18:48:16

Hi cat lover

Yes just yesterday I hope my storie may help you 💐

We have been trying to conceive for 3 years I stupidly took un prescribed clomid last year as I was desperate.
I was just not being listened too
I was finally referred to an amazing fertility doctor who did my day 21 and vaginal scan

Blood came back at no ovulation my scan came back and I had a 6cm cyst hsg showed left blocked tube

I was booked in for laparoscopy and had my surgery yesterday when I came round the doctor said I had endometriosis which was spreading he has lasered and removed it and he has managed to save my tube and both are now open smile

I had been suffering in pain for years and bad mood swings which is down to endo not to say very tired all the time.

I'm not going to lie the hsg was very painful but that was because the blockage and endo
I'm now at home but feel in pain and been signed off work for 2 weeks but I'm now very positive for the future.

He is starting me on clomid straight away ( he knows about me taking it before )

I hope this will now work for me.and I really hope you get your answers I know too well how painful and frustrating this is cx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now